Evangel alum uses English degree as launch into digital endeavors

August 12, 2014 | Valorie Coleman

Ana Pierce, 2012 graduate, has found that a broad degree can open many doors. She graduated from Evangel with a B.A. in English with minors in French and psychology. Her love for writing has helped launch her career, as well as a new hobby — blogging. Pierce serves as motion picture project manager at Randy Bacon Photography Studio & Gallery in Springfield. The studio offers photography and cinematic services and their work has taken them around the globe for their clients. This role allows Pierce a unique vantage point on the creative process.

Evangel University graduate Ana Pierce, 2012, uses her degree in English as a launch for life endeavors – a career with Randy Bacon Photography Gallery & Studio in Springfield and her blogging hobby, SheLearnsThings.com.

Ana Pierce uses her degree in English as a launch for life endeavors – a career with Randy Bacon Photography Gallery & Studio in Springfield and her blogging hobby.

“Some days I am working behind the scenes on big projects, and on others I may be assisting Randy on a photo or video shoot. In everything we do, we aim to highlight God’s work of creating a unique masterpiece in every human being.” In her spare time, Pierce is now devoted to her blog. In this space, she gives advice on everything from how to take a compliment, to how to accessorize with scarves. “I’ve always had an interest in publications because I love the interaction of the written word and the use of graphics and photography,” Pierce said. “I am currently just ‘hobby blogging,’ but it has been fun to watch people’s interest levels increase as I increase my little corner of the internet. The local FOX TV station, KRBK, even came out and filmed a segment based on one of my blogs. I demo’ed how to make peach ice cream. It was a blast!” “Evangel was the ideal setting for an English major like myself with wider interests beyond teaching English and editing grammar,” Pierce said. “In the classroom, I was able to study literature and the humanities, while participating in extracurriculars such as art and the Activities Board. Engaging in opportunities such as event planning made my education a more custom-made, holistic experience.”

Apply for free until Nov. 15

FA14_Science_Lab_006_edited

#CongratsDrTaylor: Learn more about Evangel’s fourth president

Get to know best-selling author and pastor Mark Batterson (’92)

MarkBatterson