Evangel sits in the heart of Springfield, Missouri, near many attractions and facilities that help students make the most of their college experience.
With around 160,000 residents and a thriving student community, Springfield combines the excitement of a big city with the community-driven environment of a midsize town.
Many in Springfield’s business community give special offers and discounts to students, or even plan special events.
For generations, students from across the globe have had a fun and fulfilling college experience in Springfield.
Some things that make life in Springfield great:
- Scenic lakes and campgrounds
- Ozark Mountain hiking and biking trails
- Countless shopping options
- Award-winning restaurants for any budget
- Study hangouts galore – from coffee shops to bookstores
- Comfortable hotels for family and friends
- Plenty of entertainment options: movie theaters, live theaters, a zoo and more
- Sporting events such as the Double-A St. Louis Cardinals affiliate
For those seeking internships or job opportunities during school, the groundwork has been laid for finding the perfect fit through our Hire an Evangel Intern and Hire an Evangel Grad programs.
Springfield also serves as headquarters for major organizations such as Bass Pro Shops, O’Reilly Auto Parts and of course, the Assemblies of God. In Springfield’s business climate, graduates have ample career opportunities in the community after graduation.
You’ll find a full list of things to do in and around Springfield in our appropriately named “Things to Do” section, but the bottom line is Springfield lets you be as active and busy as you want to be without making you feel “lost in the big city.”
View Evangel University in a larger map