We can’t wait to receive your application to Evangel University. If you’re wondering how to start the admissions process, you’re in the right place. Just click the drop-down menu below that applies to you, and follow the steps listed there.
- Undergraduate Admissions Process
1. Application Process
For starters, we’ll need you to complete an Undergraduate application online. Fortunately, this couldn’t be easier, and you can do it all online. So why not apply now?
2. Submit a Transcript
We’ll also need to check out your transcript. Whether you’re in high school or college right now, we’ll still need your transcripts, so send them over as soon as you can. Here’s what you’ll need to send specifically:
- Official high school transcript.
*Students who take AP classes and pass the AP exam with a 3 or higher may transfer in those classes for college credit. In addition, Evangel accepts a C- or higher for dual-enrollment courses taken in high school.
If you have earned any college credits please send us the following:
- Official college transcripts from every college you’ve attended
- Transfer clearance form (pdf). This document is only required if transferring from another Assemblies of God college or university.
- CLEP information
3. Share your Test Scores
If you’ve taken the SAT or ACT, go ahead and send us your test scores. Use the codes below to send the appropriate score over to us.
If you are not a U.S. citizen or English is not your first language, we require a minimum TOEFL score:
- 490 for paper based or
- 163 for computer based or
- 57 for internet based
4. Submit Pastoral ReferenceDownload the form and make sure to have a pastor who knows you complete it and send back to Evangel.
- Pastoral Reference Form (pdf)
5. Financial Information
Financial Aid has a few steps in this process, so we’ve built a step-by-step guide to financial aid that you can follow along with by clicking here.
6. Housing (completed after being accepted)
For on-campus housing:
- You start with the $200 enrollment deposit — payable online via the My Evangel portal (or you can pay by check, money order or credit card).
- After that, just complete the housing form in the My Evangel portal.
*Please note that the priority housing deadline is February 1st.
For off-campus housing*:
- Start with a $200 enrollment deposit — payable online via the My Evangel portal (or you can pay by check, money order or credit card)
- Complete the off-campus housing form (pdf)
- Complete the Parental Endorsement (pdf) if applicable
7. Health Requirements
Completing the following three steps before you arrive on campus will make your registration process easier and help you avoid delays in moving into the residence halls. All students are encouraged to complete their health registration process before coming to campus.
- Health Process Steps
1. Download and fill out the Health History and Immunization Form and mail or fax it to campus before your arrival.
New students who are enrolled in 8 credit hours or more must complete this form. You can download the Health History Form (pdf).
This form cannot be completed online. It must be downloaded and completed with your handwritten signature (or your parent’s signature if you are under age 18). You may mail or fax the form to us after you have filled it out.
Evangel University Wellness Center
1111 N. Glenstone Ave.
Springfield, MO 65802
2. Obtain official documentation of your current Tetanus and MMR vaccines and mail or fax them to campus before your arrival.
This could be copies of medical records, school records, official signed immunization cards or insurance receipts. We require the following vaccinations:
- Up-to-date Tetanus vaccine — within the past 10 years.
- Two doses of MMR vaccine — two doses given after age 1, at least 30 days apart.
3. Take the online TB Screening Survey.
This survey is easy to complete. Although your specific answers will not affect the registration process, you do need to answer these questions in order for your Wellness Center information to be complete. The steps, which are listed in order below, should be easy to follow, but don’t be afraid to ask us if you have any questions.
- 1. Log into your student portal.
- 2. Near the bottom half of the first page are the words Semesters Open for Registration.
- 3. Underneath this, click on the semester and year for which you are registering – “FA-12 (Undergraduate)” for example.
- 4. That link will open the Registration Checklist page. In the line that says Wellness Center — Incomplete, click on the word View. This will open another page that contains the link to the TB Screening Survey.
- 5. After you complete and submit the survey, you will need to refresh the Registration Checklist page to update your survey status.
NOTE: If you are unable to open the survey link, you may need to temporarily turn off the pop-up blocker on your computer. (We promise it isn’t spam or an ad or anything like that.)
If your immunizations are not up to date, you can receive them in the Wellness Center when you arrive on campus. (Cost: Tetanus Booster — Tdap vaccine = $45, MMR = $65.) However, completing this information and receiving the needed vaccines ahead of time will make things much easier for you and save you a great deal of time. If you have health insurance, completing the vaccines with your regular health care provider at home will also be less expensive.
Wellness Center Fax: 417-575-5496 Phone: 417-865-2815, ext. 7280
- Adult Studies Admissions Process
New applicant? Please complete the following items:
- Your EU application – apply online today
- Three references (available through your online application by clicking the “References” link):
- One pastor or church leader reference
- One personal/professional reference form
- This should be from an individual who is able to comment on your Christian character, academic ability and professional qualities.
- Official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at (417) 865-2815 ext. 7229, or by email.
Please have your transcripts sent to:
Professional Studies Admissions
1111 N. Glenstone Ave.
Springfield MO 65802
- Graduate Studies Admissions Process
General admission and degree requirements for graduate studies are determined by a Graduate Studies Council made up of the Dean of Students and various faculty members. Careful consideration is given to all applicants. Our faculty members strive to admit students who will succeed at Evangel in a program that fits their life purpose. Students should address each of the items outlined below.
Students seeking admission to graduate studies must file with the Graduate Admissions Office:
- The completed application online
- A nonrefundable application fee of $25
- References (Please consult with our admission’s counselor to determine which of the following references should be issued.)*
- One pastor or church leader reference
- One academic reference
- One professional (supervisor or co-worker) reference
- Note: You can issue your references through your online application by clicking the “Submit References” tab.
- Statement of Purpose (pdf) describing:
- Professional and academic experiences which are relevant to the field of study you have chosen
- Your objective for pursuing this graduate program and your career aspirations
- Your current spiritual growth and church involvement
- Your résumé, outlining experiences relevant to the desired graduate program.
- Any required entrance exam (GRE/MAT/Praxis II)
- Official undergraduate (and graduate if applicable) transcripts
Bachelor’s degree must be conferred prior to starting a master’s program
Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Any program-specific requirements
- Psychology: submit an APA writing sample from your undergraduate coursework.
- Secondary Teaching/School Counseling: submit two copies of each official college transcript.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate credit should be mailed to:
1111 N. Glenstone
Springfield, MO 65802
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 with an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Advancement to Candidacy Status
Students admitted to a program of study must apply for candidacy after completion of 15 credit hours of graduate course work at Evangel University. Requirements for program candidacy are given in the graduate studies catalog.
For more information on our Graduate Studies program (and answers to any questions you might have), call or email us today!