packing-car-6

A time for every purpose

February 9th, 2011 | Kara Ransom

The fall semester is coming to a close. Winter is officially here as evidenced by the students bundled up in coats, scarves, and gloves as they walk across campus to take finals or to pack their cars for their trips home for Christmas Break. As all the final projects are completed and final exams are completed one by one, I reflect on how quickly time has flown.

I remember my first Christmas break of freshman year. I was so excited to go home for a month and be free from class schedules, assignments, papers, and tests. Now, four years later, my last undergraduate semester is coming to a close. Like that finals week four years ago, I am excited to spend time relaxing with family this Christmas. But this Christmas is different because I graduate. My time as an undergraduate student is coming to a close.

My final undergraduate project will be a service trip to Kenya-the trip that drew me to be a psychology major as a senior in high school. We leave on December 27 for the 2-week trip. I am so excited to serve the young people I will meet there, and just as importantly, I am excited to see what God will teach me through this experience. Though the Christmas decorations will be gone and the New Year will already be ushered in when we return to the States in January, I know that next year’s December festivities will be here again before I know it.

Because I graduate this semester, this is likely the last entry I will write for this blog. I am reminded of Ecclesiastes 3:1, “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” My time here has come to a close, but I am excited to see what new purpose God has for me as I continue my journey with Him. Whether you have followed my blogs over the last couple years or are reading the Student-life blog for the first time, I hope that each of you will have a blessed Christmas.

As Dickens’ Tiny Tim proclaimed: “God bless us, every one!”

Kara Ransom

Psychology Major | Class of 2012

Kara is a Psychology major. She loves Evangel for the life long friendships she is building and the incredible professors that make learning and living at Evangel the perfect college experience. For Kara there is a whole lot to love about Evangel.

Details and schedule for 2014 commencement events

Grad_2

“Genesis and Genetics” conference to discuss current faith-science issues

Chemistry

2