14-1

Breaking up the work with a little DVD Bingo

February 1st, 2012 | Landon Johnson

What’s up everyone!!!!

The semester is brewing, syllabus week is over, and I’m in the middle of one large Cell Biology test and one of two 13-page papers that need to be written within the next three weeks. But no big, I’ve got this (bites finger nails). The talk of the campus is the shear disbelief that we are already in the month of February, so it’s good to know that I am not the only one feeling the pressure.

Study. Study. Study. The rule is, for every hour one is in class, he or she should study two hours. Of course that is easier said than done. There is always an activity that can temporarily take the place of a student’s study – nightmare. Moreover, this Friday the Evangel Student Activities Board (AB) will be hosting the anticipated “DVD Bingo!”

“What is DVD Bingo?” you ask. The objective is in the name. Students across campus gather in the Evangel Crusader Hall for some good ole fashioned bingo. The prize at hand is none other than the latest cinematography, valued toilet paper, or even candy.

There is always something to do on Evangel’s campus, and the EU Activities Board makes sure of that. Aside from the wonderful education that Evangel provides, the campus also provides an active environment, making sure students are participating in fun and exciting activities.

It’s going to be a great semester. I can feel it. It will also be my last full semester, and I am petrified of what the Lord has in store me. But we’ll just take it one day at a time. In recent news, I TORE MY ACL, and MENISCUS AS WELL – WOOT. Luckily they’re both only partially torn so I do not need surgery, but goodness just something else to add to the stress. Be praying for me.

It’s a great time to check out the Evangel Campus. We’re in the middle of a semester – all the reason to visit and experience what it’s like to put the pedal to the metal as an Evangel Student. Peace out you Guys-I’m checkin out!

Landon Johnson

Biology Major | Class of 2012

Landon is a Biology/Pre-Veterinary Medicine major from Henderson, Kentucky. He lives in Lewis Hall. He is involved with Lewis Hall Council, Worship Team and Activities Board. “The best thing about Evangel is that every day I get to do life with some of the most amazing people God has to offer."

FA14_Students_Walking_To_Class_024