EOA2

Are you an outdoors enthusiast? Check out Evangel Outdoor Adventure

October 15th, 2012 | Hope Hamilton

Fall is here, and although it has brought  midterms along with it, I can forgive it — but only because of the pure beauty accompanying fall.

Outside the trees are turning gorgeous shades of gold and red, and being from Florida (where there are no seasons), I can’t help but long to escape these solid brick buildings, and lose myself in God’s amazing creation.

Since being at Evangel, I have had the privilege of being a part of the Evangel Outdoor Adventure, which is a group of students who enjoy the outdoors and frequently host events such as bonfires, hiking trips and camping trips.

Last week I had the awesome opportunity to go with EOA on an off-trail hiking trip to Hercules’ Glades, a beautiful park about 90 minutes from the school near the Arkansas border. Fifteen other students went on the hike, and it was led by experienced hikers Allegra Thowless, and John Mark Rhoades.

The hike was somewhat challenging, but the result was worth any climb. The location was breathtakingly beautiful (and no, not just from the climb).

Evangel Outdoor AdventureNot only was the fall weather perfect, and the trees and streams stunning in beauty, but the group was so much fun to be with, and I made several new friends.

If you’re inclined to the outdoors … or maybe just want to make new friends … or go on a fun adventure, check out the Evangel Outdoor Adventure. They are taking a camping trip to Arkansas over Fall Break and, as always, have made it very affordable to any interested students.

I am loving every day at Evangel, and it is clubs like EOA that make this school so great for any and all students. Even if you don’t enjoy the outdoors or aren’t sure if there’s a place for you here; trust me, there is. Evangel has clubs aplenty. But personally, I’m partial to EOA — especially during this perfect weather season.

Want more? Consider taking the Outdoor Recreation class and having a real adventure in Estes Park, Colorado.

Hope Hamilton

Advertising/Public Relations Major | Class of 2014

Hope is a senior Advertising/Public Relations major with a minor in Nonprofit Business and Social Enterprise. She is from Vero Beach, Florida, and loves people, the outdoors, music, worship and missions. Hope is currently the assistant director of outreach for Evangel's CROSSwalk student ministries organization.

Register now for summer campus visits

2