Evangel University Concert Choir

Fall Concert Choir tour brings harmony in voice and sense of purpose

October 30th, 2012 | Laura Prosapio

I just got back from Concert Choir’s fall tour across Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska — and let me say, I had such a blessed experience touring with my fellow 40 choir members.

As a “newbie” to the choir, I did not know what to expect as I loaded the tour bus for a five-day, adventurous trek across the Midwest. However, it didn’t take long for me to realize that my trip would be one of bonding with my Concert Choir family through laughs, meals, hugs, stories and our ministry of singing together.

During our time on the road, we visited four different churches and a high school. Traveling to and singing at these places broadened my perspective to how God is powerfully working throughout the United States. Before singing on each occasion, our choir had a time of prayer and intercession for our hearts to be open and for those in the audience to be ministered to by our worship to God.

When the time came to take the stage, we sang lively pieces such as the Nigerian carol “Betelehemu” and “Psalm 23,” as well as heart-stirring hymns such as “It is Well” and “Jesus, My Lord, My Life, My All.”

It’s amazing how music can deeply touch your soul — how God gives us the opportunity to cry from the deepest places of our heart to nestle closer to His. There were moments when the choir sang about God’s faithfulness and peace, and I just stood in awe. Tears filled my eyes as I reflected on God’s provision in my life throughout the years; never has He failed me, always has He made things work together for my good. To have the opportunity to share this message of God’s splendor through song with the audience was truly a privilege.

I’m reminded of Colossians 3:14, “Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.” Since being in Evangel’s Concert Choir, I have realized something truly remarkable: There’s nothing like being unified — in one heart and mind  — with those you’re ministering with. Not only do we sing in harmony throughout the songs, but ultimately, we are seeking the harmony of God’s love to bind us together with cords that cannot be broken.

I have found a family in Concert Choir, and my heart is filled with complete thankfulness that I have the opportunity to love, sing with, and minister with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Want more? Visit the Concert Choir page.

Laura Prosapio

Psychology Major | Class of 2015

Laura is a junior from Chicago majoring in Psychology. She has continued her high school passion for music by participating in Evangel’s Concert Choir. Her favorite thing about attending Evangel is living and learning with a community of believers who encourage her walk with God.

2