EU Visit

Time for a college visit road trip

November 6th, 2012 | Shannyn Wong

I can remember like yesterday being a senior in high school facing the time for college visits. There were a million and one people asking me where I wanted to go to college. I had no clue where I would go, and certainly never thought I would end up in Springfield, Missouri.

I visited several colleges in California and while all of them were beautiful, none of them felt like home.

When I came to visit Evangel, the campus immediately caught my attention and won my heart with its beauty and friendly people. As I stepped onto campus, it felt like home so I knew it would be a place where I could grow.

When it comes to picking a college, I definitely recommend visiting the school before making a decision. Visiting a college allows you to get a feel of the campus culture — from the student life to the academics.

Take advantage of all the things that the college offers when visiting. Go on the guided tour to see the whole campus, explore the buildings, and especially check out the dorms (or as we call them here, the residence halls). Sit in on a class so that you get a feel for how the learning environment is and what class sizes look like.

If the school offers you the chance to spend the night with a student, like Evangel does, jump at the opportunity. The best way to know about a college is through the current students. Evangel students will host prospective students, and it is a great time! They get to go to campus activities, eat with students and really feel the heartbeat of Evangel.

Visiting Evangel is what sold me on coming here. I fell in love with the people and how friendly they are and really felt the sense of community that makes Evangel unique.

Evangel truly is my home away from home.

Want more? Check out the EU Visit schedule and get registered!

Shannyn Wong

Advertising and Public Relations Major | Class of 2014

Shannyn is an Advertising/Public Relations major from Loveland, Colorado. She is an RA in Lewis Hall. She encourages prospective students to seek God’s will for college.

FA14_Students_Walking_To_Class_024