Hope1

Time flown by

December 3rd, 2012 | Hope Hamilton

Once upon a time I was a new student at Evangel. I didn’t know the clock tower’s name was Carl. I didn’t know where Zimmerman 105 was. I didn’t know when open-dorm nights were. And I most certainly didn’t know any people.

The past 14 weeks have felt like a lifetime, but at the same time they have gone by insanely fast. So much has transpired in the past few months that I feel like more days are needed than were used to cover those happenings.

Since coming to Evangel my life has changed. I have new amazing friends. I go to a great church which I love. I have built great relationships with fantastic professors. And I have gotten to know Springfield as a sort of home.

Everything that was so foreign to me just a mere four months ago; from what line to get in during lunch, to the names of the buildings on campus; is now home, and I love it.

Once upon a time I was filled with worries about moving 1,200 miles away from home where I didn’t know a soul, but now I am already filled with anticipation for next semester. When I moved here I never imagined I would love Evangel as much as I do, and I am so grateful to God every day for bringing me here.

All of these words come with a bittersweet taste, for I cannot believe my first semester is already coming to a close. This week is the last full week of classes before finals begin, and before I know it I’ll be home for Christmas.

Spence Third North

The incredible girls of Spence Third North (my floor) have become a family to me.

I have had so many amazing opportunities since coming to Evangel, and I have built lasting connections. I have had the pleasure of being on yearbook staff, working in the admissions department, being involved in CROSSwalk student ministries, and in all of those forming friendships to last a lifetime.

There are a few regrets I hold from my first semester, but so many more cherished memories. I will never forget this fall, and I am looking forward to returning in the spring for round two of great adventures.

Hope Hamilton

Advertising/Public Relations Major | Class of 2014

Hope is a senior Advertising/Public Relations major with a minor in Nonprofit Business and Social Enterprise. She is from Vero Beach, Florida, and loves people, the outdoors, music, worship and missions. Hope is currently the assistant director of outreach for Evangel's CROSSwalk student ministries organization.

Join the celebration for Homecoming 2014

Homecoming button