Junior/Senior Banquet

Junior year brings growth and incredible memories

April 25th, 2013 | Shannyn Wong

As my junior year at Evangel comes to an end I can’t help but think about all the things that I have overcome and accomplished, and the memories that have been made.

This was my first year as an RA (resident assistant), and I have loved every moment of it. I have enjoyed every girl I have done life with this year and the ways that I have seen this floor grow into a sisterhood of amazing girls.

My classes this year have challenged me, and at moments I thought I would never make it to the end — but I sit here and look back at the ways I have grown and all that I have learned (I still can’t believe that I made it through some of my classes alive). So much of this year has consisted of homework and RA responsibilities, but I never could have made it through this year without my friends and the memories we have created.

One of my favorite things about college is the memories that are made everyday with my friends when we are eating together, out shopping or at school events. We had a great year at homecoming when our football team won, we cheered our basketball team to the national tournament, went to Fashion Fever, and spent many late nights sharing our dreams.

To me, this is what college is all about.  Yes, we are here to further our education but we are also making friends and living out friendships that will last a lifetime. I am in shock, and somewhat in denial, over how fast this year has gone by. It’s true what they say about time going faster as you get older.

This year has been one of growth in every area of my life and one of holding onto the precious memories that have kept me going. With days left in this school year, I am so grateful for my education and friends here at Evangel. I am also so thankful for the moments that I have had sharing my story as a student blogger. I anxiously look forward to next year when I will be a senior and it will be my last year at Evangel. I hope that next year we can journey through one more year together!

Until next year!

Shannyn Wong

Advertising and Public Relations Major | Class of 2014

Shannyn is an Advertising/Public Relations major from Loveland, Colorado. She is an RA in Lewis Hall. She encourages prospective students to seek God’s will for college.

Apply for free until Nov. 15

FA14_Science_Lab_006_edited

#CongratsDrTaylor: Learn more about Evangel’s fourth president

Get to know best-selling author and pastor Mark Batterson (’92)

MarkBatterson