Sean White in Asia

From Long Island to Missouri to Asia: my Evangel experience in a nutshell

May 28th, 2013 | Sean White

Hello, my name is Sean White. I am a junior at Evangel and I am majoring in Journalism. I am getting minors in Photography and Intercultural Studies. Now that I got the most common college student questions answered, let me actually tell you who I am.

I am from New York, not the city, but Long Island, which is better than the city. I love writing, photography and being outside. One of my favorite things to do is kayaking; I spent half of my childhood on and in the water. I also have a passion for missions. I love people, and I want to use the skills I have learned at Evangel to help people in other countries. I want to work to fight human trafficking and to spread awareness about this injustice.

In my time at Evangel I have had so many great opportunities to meet people and learn things that I never thought about, like the importance of the historical background of the intertestamental period, what foods to eat in the cafeteria and the priority of being engaged before the summer (a phenomenon known as Ring by Spring).

Seriously though, I love Evangel and all of the people I have met here. I have met people here who I know I will be friends with for the rest of my life.

The professors at Evangel have also been incredibly welcoming. Having small class sizes and professors who really care about me  made me feel at home from the first class I attended.

Evangel has offered me so many opportunities to grow in my relationship with God and learn how to be the best I can be as a person and in my chosen career.

I will be heading out to Asia this summer to teach English with three other Evangel students. I did the same thing last summer as well, and I am really looking forward to reconnecting over there. Evangel has given me so many opportunities like this to work around the world.

For the last two semesters I worked on The Lance, Evangel’s student newspaper. It was a great experience and I learned a lot from it. I grew as a person and as a writer. However this year I am very excited to be joining the colorful cast of student bloggers. I look forward to giving my perspective on the great things Evangel has to offer.

Sean White

Sean White, an Evangel junior, is from Long Island, New York. As a Journalism major with minors in Photography and Intercultural Studies, he has a passion for telling stories and using that gift to advance missions efforts around the world.

Details and schedule for 2014 commencement events

Grad_2

“Genesis and Genetics” conference to discuss current faith-science issues

Chemistry

2