summer

A new season

June 6th, 2013 | Hope Hamilton

It’s summer! The beaches are filled, the sunscreen is out, and students’ Facebook newsfeeds daily features friends busy exploring different parts of the world and impacting lives. However, not all of us are out of school. I am very blessed to be continuing my Evangel studies at home in Florida.

“Evangel in Florida?” you may ask.

Why yes, it’s called online school, and it is a glorious invention. Evangel offers a variety of courses online (and on campus) during the summer, and so far my summer school experience has been great. My professors have been so active in communicating and keeping up with my studies; it still feels like I’m on campus … except I can often be found watching my lectures on the beach instead of a classroom.

This summer has been an adventure so far. I am greatly enjoying my advertising internship with a radio station, great times with my family, and exciting preparation for my sister’s wedding later this month. Home is home so there’s no place like it; but college has expanded my view of home, giving me yet another place to miss.

My friends and professors at Evangel are greatly missed, and even though I wouldn’t dare admit it to my dearly beloved family, I am already counting down the days until I get to return to Evangel in the fall. There are several things I am excited for in this upcoming school year — so excited in fact that it may justify my desire for summer to speed up.

Next year will be my senior year, and that alone is terribly exciting. However, what I’m most excited for is the opportunity I’ve been given to serve on the board of Evangel’s student ministries organization, CROSSwalk.

CROSSwalk has several divisions ranging from on-campus discipleship, dance ministry, children’s ministry, community outreaches and more. The main branches of ministry are headed by assistant directors, who are under the student director of CROSSwalk. Our amazing faculty adviser is the beautiful Dr. Sandy Friesen.

The position I have been gifted with is assistant director of outreach, and I could not be more excited. As many of you may know, Evangel is consolidating with Central Bible College this year, and their ministries will be joining with ours to make a powerhouse of God-loving servants in the Springfield community, ready to be sent out into the world.

The ministries of Evangel and CBC are reaching into the community in so many ways already, and I am beyond excited to see what God will do in this coming year.

Please keep our outreach and ministry teams in your prayers, and if you’re a student or prospective student don’t  just consider joining us, just do it. Your life will be changed as you serve and love. Here’s to the 2013-2014 school year being the greatest Evangel University has ever experienced!

Want more? Real all about getting involved in student ministry at Evangel.

Hope Hamilton

Advertising/Public Relations Major | Class of 2014

Hope is a senior Advertising/Public Relations major with a minor in Nonprofit Business and Social Enterprise. She is from Vero Beach, Florida, and loves people, the outdoors, music, worship and missions. Hope is currently the assistant director of outreach for Evangel's CROSSwalk student ministries organization.

Varsity athletics at Evangel

athletics