Southeast Asia service trip

Evangel’s many service trips offer life-changing opportunities

September 16th, 2013 | Sean White

This summer was one of the most formational times in my life.

I had the opportunity to spend six weeks working in Southeast Asia. I worked in a coffee shop teaching English and building friendships that will last a lifetime. This trip was even more incredible because it was an opportunity for me to go back to a place where I already made friends one year ago. During my time there, I was able to reconnect with friends that I made on that previous trip and deepen my relationships with them.

I signed up for this trip through Evangel, early in the fall semester of last year. Over the several months before the trip, my team and I gathered to pray along with others who were going on trips around the world. The sense of unity among my team members is something I will never forget. We became extremely close in the month and a half we spent together. Even now when we see each other on campus, we are able to stop and reminisce about the time we spent together in another country.

Southeast Asia service tripEvangel offers many opportunities to travel. Students go to places all around the world for just about any kind of service or study imaginable. During the summer of 2013, students traveled to Spain to go backpacking, some worked in Thailand teaching English, and others traveled around France and Belgium to study history. Read Serving, ministering, learning: Summer service trips takes students around the world for a full run down on what Evangel students did this summer.

In addition to these trips, students traveled to many other locations throughout all of last year. There are so many opportunities for travel and service through Evangel that it can be hard to choose just one, but there are people to help with that.

This year students are given the opportunity to travel to locations like India, Kenya and Greece, among many, many others. These trips may vary in purpose and length, but all of them offer incredible opportunities to see other cultures and connect with people across the world. Every trip offers an opportunity to see God use you to make an impact on this world.

Want more? Check out the list of service and learning trips available to students during the 2013/14 academic year.

Sean White

Sean White, an Evangel junior, is from Long Island, New York. As a Journalism major with minors in Photography and Intercultural Studies, he has a passion for telling stories and using that gift to advance missions efforts around the world.

Apply for free until Nov. 15

FA14_Science_Lab_006_edited

#CongratsDrTaylor: Learn more about Evangel’s fourth president

Get to know best-selling author and pastor Mark Batterson (’92)

MarkBatterson