Laura

College life and home life intersect during Concert Choir tour to Chicagoland

November 20th, 2013 | Laura Prosapio

I’m grateful to have now journeyed with Evangel’s Concert Choir on three tours.

This fall, we got to travel to Chicagoland to sing at different churches and a school around the area. We actually sang at my home church on Sunday morning, and it was such a special time to have my college life and home life cross paths; I felt surrounded by many people I love.

During the service at my church, I got to sing a solo to the song “He’s Always Been Faithful” by Sara Groves. This song has great meaning for me because it reminds me of God’s great faithfulness throughout every single season of life.

I loved being able to stay in my house for three nights with my family, and I was able to take some friends home to stay with me. It was such a joy to be able to introduce my Concert Choir family to my parents and brother, and I felt incredibly grateful to see my family in the audience at several of our choir concerts throughout the tour.

The Concert Choir poses at The Bean in Chicago.

In addition to singing at different places, we also got to spend a couple days in downtown Chicago. It was fun to be with my college friends in a place so familiar to me and so close to my heart. The entire choir took photos at “The Bean,” and then we sang one of our favorite pieces underneath the mirror-like structure.

Many of us walked down Michigan Avenue and admired the tall, stately buildings, along with the other sights and sounds. One of the days, a few of us decided to spend a full day at the Art Institute of Chicago to admire its masterpieces of art. At the end of our final day in Chicago, we all got to take a Metra train together from Union Station to meet our bus driver. It was quite the adventure.

In fact, the whole tour was quite the adventure. Truly, some of the best moments of my college career thus far have been worshiping the Lord while singing on the risers with fellow students who are doing the same. I’m excited for the Concert Choir adventures yet to come and for the doors of ministry God will continue to open.

If you’re a prospective student who loves to be in a choir to worship God and to minister to others, I would encourage you to consider auditioning for Concert Choir in the beginning of your first semester at Evangel. We would love to have you be a part of the CC family.

Want more? Read about Concert Choir and Evangel’s other music ensembles.

Laura Prosapio

Psychology Major | Class of 2015

Laura is a junior from Chicago majoring in Psychology. She has continued her high school passion for music by participating in Evangel’s Concert Choir. Her favorite thing about attending Evangel is living and learning with a community of believers who encourage her walk with God.

Varsity athletics at Evangel

athletics