Shannyn Wong

Farewell, Evangel…until we meet again

April 30th, 2014 | Shannyn Wong

I honestly have been trying to avoid writing this blog because I know that as soon as I am finished it is one more thing that leads to my exit from Evangel. As I look back on the last three years I’ve had at Evangel, I am overwhelmed by the life-changing moments.

Deciding to transfer here my sophomore year was one of the best decisions I have made. I was welcomed with open arms by students, staff and faculty. It is here that I have found friendships that will last a lifetime. The amount of hours we have spent laughing and making memories leaves me speechless. I not only found lifelong friends but people who have become family.

Throughout my time at Evangel I have grown spiritually, academically and personally. Evangel helped me find my voice, which I’m not afraid to use, and foster my independence. I have gained knowledge in the classroom and outside of the classroom from professors and students.

I have also been challenged to dream big, strive for success, and be the person that I have been created to be. People have come and gone. Experiences have come and gone. Hours have come and gone. But from each person, experience and hour that has passed by, I have been touched in one way or another that will leave a lifelong imprint on my heart.

The past three years of my life have been marked with tragedy and triumph, failure and success, and working towards leaving a legacy behind me. Some of my favorite moments have been when professors took the time to pray over me and invested in my life, when I was up until 2 a.m. because I was on RA duty, floor dinners and the countless hours I’ve sat on the couches with my fellow Lewis Hall RAs.

The nights where sleep was just a dream, when my fingers were cramped from typing a paper, and when home seemed half-way around the world, I would do it all over again … for the memories and for the way that my life has been blessed and forever changed.

Saying “thank you” doesn’t seem like appropriate words to tell of the amount of gratitude I have for Evangel, the staff, faculty and students. I can’t bring myself to say goodbye, so I will leave you with an “until we meet again.”

Shannyn Wong

Advertising and Public Relations Major | Class of 2014

Shannyn is an Advertising/Public Relations major from Loveland, Colorado. She is an RA in Lewis Hall. She encourages prospective students to seek God’s will for college.

Register now for summer campus visits

2