Founders Weekend is scheduled for Feb. 26-27, 2016.
At Evangel University, qualified students can earn up to $21,000 per year with our Founders Scholarship program. Applicants for Fall 2015 will have the opportunity to receive one of 120 scholarships, ranging from $10,000 to $21,000. These awards are premium merit scholarships and may not be combined with other EU tuition discounts (with exception of need-based grants, endowed scholarships and athletic scholarships).
Founders Scholars, like all students, are challenged academically, encouraged to grow in faith and prepared for future careers and graduate studies. In fact, 96% of our graduates are admitted to graduate school or land jobs in their field of study right out of college.
The deadline to apply for a 2016 Founders Scholarship is January 15, 2016. Check back soon to access the application.
Guidelines to Apply
Qualified students will be invited to interview on campus. All interviewees will receive an award offer ranging from $10,000 to $21,000.
- Must be an admitted first time freshman and live on campus
- 3.5+ GPA and composite 25 ACT score or SAT of 1130 (M+CR)
- Completed Founders application (located inside Application Portal)
- Must meet admissions deadlines
- Must attend on-campus interviews
- Demonstrated strong Christian character.
You’ll be invited to campus for a premier two day program that includes a kick off event and interview day. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Tour the campus
- Meet with your admissions counselor
- Meet with your financial aid counselor
- Visit with professors
- Audition for a music scholarship
- Dress appropriately, presenting yourself at your very best. The Friday evening event is casual. For Saturday, business attire is advised. Suits are recommended, but not required.
Interviews are intended to give information to the Scholarship Awards Committee beyond what is possible on the application. There will also be activities to help the candidate become better acquainted with Evangel University.
The Founders Scholarship committee is comprised of faculty members and administrators from Evangel.
The selection process is assigned to the Scholarship Awards Committee. After its review of all applications, the committee will select finalists to be given interviews.
- The finalists are required to let the Office of Enrollment Management know if they accept the invitation to interview for a scholarship.
- All invited finalists must be prepared to be on campus for the duration of the interview process.
- Founders Scholarship levels will be awarded based on both the committee’s evaluation of the application material and the interviews.
- Notification to the recipients will be made via email correspondence approximately two weeks after the Interview Day.
Sample Interview Questions
- What do you feel are your greatest strengths, and how do you see yourself using these strengths uniquely to reflect the mission and purpose of Evangel?
- Why do you believe, as a student who will represent Evangel on an ongoing basis, we should choose you to receive the Founders Scholarship?
- List three words that best describe you.
- What are your strongest leadership qualities?
- What are some areas in your life where you would like to improve?
- What qualities do you look for in a friend?
- Who has impacted you the most during high school and in what way?
- What do you feel God has called you to do?
- What’s your greatest passion in life?
- If you could do anything or have any job, what would it be and why?
- How do you see yourself making an impact on Evangel’s campus?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What current events most intrigue you and why?
- What activity that you’ve been involved in best describes who you are? Why?
- What opportunities/activities do you plan to be involved in as an Evangel student?
(417) 865-2815, ext. 7205