Full-time Science Faculty Position
January 24th, 2014
Evangel University, a Christian institution committed to the ministry of integrating faith and learning, invites applications for a tenure-track position in the Science and Technology Department.
A graduate degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a biology or chemistry field. The candidate must demonstrate a primary interest and ability in teaching and mentoring undergraduate students; a record of successful college teaching is preferred. All Evangel University faculty must be strongly committed to the mission of Christian higher education within the Assemblies of God and must meet faculty doctrinal and lifestyle requirements.
- Teaching courses in introductory chemistry and/or biology curricula for majors and non-majors.
- Teaching upper level courses within the applicant’s area of expertise that may include ecology, biochemistry, genetics, environmental science, physical chemistry, or ecology.
- Interest and ability to participate in research programs involving undergraduates.
- Participation and evidence of ongoing professional and/or scholarly development.
- General responsibilities include student advising and departmental and committee assignments.
Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email a letter of application and resume (including three references) to Dr. Michael McCorcle, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Departmental Chair, Science and Technology, Evangel University, 1111 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO 65802. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.