Colin Knoth to perform senior voice recital
February 22, 2013 | Paul K. Logsdon
Colin Knoth, senior music education major, will perform his voice recital at 7:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 25, in the Barnett Fine Arts Recital Hall at Evangel University.
There is no charge for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
Knoth’s performance will include the following pieces:
- Thus Saith the Lord; But Who May Abide; and Verdi Prati, by George Frideric Handel
- Bois Epais, by Jean-Baptiste Lully
- Le Secret, by Gabriel Fauré
- Die Beiden Grenadiere, by Robert Schumann
- Il Lacerato Spirito, by Giuseppe Verdi
- Myself when Young, by Liza Lehmann
- Come Away Death; Who is Sylvia; Fear No More the Heat O’ the Sun; O Mistress Mine; and It Was a Lover and His Lass, by Gerald Finzi
- Soave sia il vento, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Jimmy Benecasa, 2012 alumnus, will provide piano accompaniment, while senior Ashley Rose and junior Brooke Lawley will join Knoth on Mozart’s Soave sia il vento.
Knoth is the son of Rick and Darla Knoth of Springfield, Mo.
After graduation, he plans to pursue his master’s in choral conducting while teaching music.
For more information, contact Lynne Hall at (417) 865-2815, ext. 7212.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.