Evangel University Band to present 49th annual lawn concert April 11
April 8, 2013 | Paul K. Logsdon
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Evangel University Band will present its 49th annual lawn concert on Thursday, April 11, at 6 p.m.
The concert is free and open to the public. It will be held on the southeast corner of the quadrangle. In the event of rain, the concert will be moved to the chapel auditorium.
The EU Band is directed by Dr. Michael Kolstad.
“The Lawn Concert is one of the oldest traditions at Evangel,” Kolstad said. “It is always a fun concert and a great way to acknowledge the graduating seniors.”
The concert features a 50-member band where the following Evangel seniors will take turns conducting:
- Brianne Anders, social work major from Festus, Mo.
- Emily Engebretson, music major from Las Vegas, Nev.
- Donovan Colegrove, music industry major from Nixa, Mo.
- Katrina McCutchen, music education major from Bedford, Texas.
- Kyrie Miles, music education major from Ava, Mo.
- Stephanie Mussetter, accounting major from Bloomington, Minn.
- Blake Petersen, music education major from Firth, Neb.
- Dodi Lason, music education major from Mesa, Ariz.
- Robin Silva, music performance graduate from Nixa, Mo.
- Stephen Wade, music industry major from Tulsa, Okla.
- Jordan Walker, music education major from Orange, Texas
- Calvin Wickham, music industry major from Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Ana Woods, music performance and music education double major from Nixa, Mo.
Included in the performance is the EU Jazz Orchestra, directed by assistant professor of music Joel Griffin.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.