Tim Wootton to present faculty trumpet recital next Monday, Sept. 23
September 19, 2013 | Michaela Smith
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. –Tim Wootton will present a faculty trumpet recital next Monday, Sept. 23, in the Barnett Recital Hall. He will be accompanied on piano by his wife, Carla.
The recital begins at 7:30 p.m., and is free and open to the public. The Barnett Recital Hall is located on the first floor of the Barnett Fine Arts Center, and visitors can enter through the doors south of the chapel facing Glenstone Avenue.
Wootton is an Evangel University adjunct professor of trumpet. He has been a member of the music department faculty since 2007.
- Concerto for trumpet (No. 3) in D Major – by Johann Wilhelm Hertel (1727-1789)
- Nocturne – by Arno Babajanian (1921-1983)
- Variations on a Theme from Norma by Bellini – arranged by J.B. Arban (1825-1889)
- Trumpet Sonata in Three Movements – by Michael Schwarz (b. 1966)
- Amazing Grace – traditional, arranged by Jim Curnow
- Someone to Watch Over Me – by George Gershwin (1898-1937), arranged by Joseph Turrin
Tim Wootton has performed with numerous orchestras including the Kansas City Symphony, Tulsa Symphony, Wichita Symphony and others, and is an adjunct professor at Evangel University, Southwest Baptist University and Baptist Bible College.
Carla Wootton is the band director at Pleasant View Middle School in Springfield, as well as the assistant conductor of the Springfield Youth Symphony.
For additional information, contact Lynne Hall at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.