News Release

Evangel graduates, representatives of My Hope America to speak in chapel Thursday and Friday, Oct. 24, 25

October 21, 2013 | Valorie Coleman

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. –– Two Evangel graduates who work with Billy Graham’s initiative, My Hope America, will make presentations in the Evangel chapel on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 24-25, at 10 a.m. They also will conduct a seminar on Thursday evening, Oct. 25, at 7 p.m. in the chapel auditorium.

The My Hope America with Billy Graham organization will provide complimentary materials to individuals and pastors who attend the seminar on Thursday evening.

These events are free and open to the public.

Robert Schlipp, a 1997 broadcasting graduate, and John Pollnow, a 1999 biblical studies graduate, work with My Hope America as regional coordinators. Schlipp serves the southwest region and Pollnow serves the Southern California region.

As regional coordinators, they provide training and resources to pastors, denominational leaders and para-church organizations. They also serve as official spokesmen for Billy Graham in matters pertaining to My Hope America.

At 94, Billy Graham has stated that he wants to make one last major appeal to the nation for people to give their hearts to Jesus. The My Hope America project could be his final gospel outreach—a crusade via video.

“It could perhaps be my last message, which is this: Christ is our hope for today and our promise for tomorrow,” he said.

The My Hope America campaign has been used in 57 countries around the world, recording 10 million decisions for Christ. It launches in the USA next month.

The program encourages Christians to open their homes to share with friends, family, colleagues and neighbors a series of video programs with life-changing testimonies and messages from Billy Graham, the most beloved evangelist of our time.

Apply for free until Nov. 15

FA14_Science_Lab_006_edited

#CongratsDrTaylor: Learn more about Evangel’s fourth president

Get to know best-selling author and pastor Mark Batterson (’92)

MarkBatterson