Evangel University to host speakers from national, social enterprise organizations on Friday, April 4
March 26, 2014 | Valorie Coleman
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Evangel University will host an event centered around the theme “Radicle,” showcasing speakers from national, social enterprise organizations on Friday, April 4, at 7 p.m. in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
The event is free and open to the public.
CrossWalk, an Evangel student service organization, is a sponsor of the event. Music will be provided by Evangel students and special speakers will include the following:
- Dustin Sandoval, founder of Feet That Move — This nonprofit organization was established to provide quality, anti-microbial shoes to people in developing countries, share faith with people across the globe and equip the next generation for service in global mission. http://www.feetthatmove.org/ourStory.asp
- Jesse Tyler, founder of Take Heart Apparel Co. — Tyler uses the funds from the sale of apparel as a tool to share his faith. All proceeds go to partner charities that are serving people in need around the world. http://www.takeheartapparel.com/
- Justin Beiler, director of development, Eurasia Café — The mission of Eurasia Café is to address issues such as extreme poverty, human trafficking, refugee displacement and HIV/AIDS education in Eurasia. The company uses the Internet to market direct-trade, specialty coffee that is ethically grown and harvested. http://eurasiacafe.org/
“We are excited to bring these socially conscious entrepreneurs to this campus to share their stories and their passion for giving back,” said senior Bobbie McDaniel, nonprofit business & social enterprise major and organizer for the event.
“Our main goal with this event is to provide motivation and encouragement for people who are in various stages of leadership within for-purpose organizations, their university or community settings.”
The theme is ‘Radicle, Rooted in Change’ and incorporates the analogy of the growth stages of a seed.
“This is such a unique event. I am excited to help bring it to campus,” said senior Matt Elenbaas, CrossWalk events coordinator. “We want to inspire and enable young people to give movement to their passions.”
For more information, access the following:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/824742780885949/
- Contact Bobbie McDaniel at (913) 744-6363 or by email at email@example.com.