be_ixf;ym_202404 d_20; ct_50

Elle Steward to present senior recital at Evangel University on April 13

Published on Apr 6, 2017 by Mallory Johnson

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Evangel University music major Elle Steward will present her senior recital on Thursday, April 13, at 5:00 p.m. in the chapel of the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (AGTS).

Admission is free and the public is invited to attend. AGTS is located on the north end of Evangel’s campus, at the corner of Glenstone and Division.

Steward’s career focus is on worship leadership. She is the daughter of Ann Steward and the late Stan Steward from San Diego, Calif.

“The worship leadership major at Evangel prepares students for a music ministry position, such as choir director, orchestra director or worship music leader,” said Dr. Bonnie Jenkins, professor of music. “It is also a good track for a student who intends to pursue graduate studies in music.”

PROGRAM THEME: I Am Not Alone

• “The Secret Place,” by Phil Wickham
  • “I Am Not Alone,” by Kari Jobe
  • “Oh, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus,” by Audrey Assad
  • “Look Upon the Lord,” by Paul Baloche
  • “The Garden,” by Kari Jobe
  • “How Can I Keep from Singing,” by Audrey Assad
  • “Higher than the Sky,” by Gateway Worship

“I’m so excited to be able to collaborate with my talented friends to share this night of worship with my family and community as a showcase of God’s faithfulness and the culmination of my time here at Evangel,” said Steward.

The team accompanying her will consist of current Evangel students Joshua Little, Claire Middendorf, Ephraim McFarland, Jordan Lemons, Laura Earlenbaugh, Rachel Zimmerman, Timothy Pugh, Tyler Ferren and Tyler Helton.

The Department of Music at Evangel University offers majors in music education, music performance, music business, recording technology and worship leadership. The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and the Missouri Association of Departments & Schools of Music.

For more information, visit www.evangel.edu or contact the Music Department at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.

###