Dawn (Crader) Dauer (’97): President of three Cape Girardeau banks

December 6, 2011

For many people, the responsibility of serving as president for three separate banks could be seen as a daunting task. But Evangel graduate Dawn (Crader ’97) Dauer sees that responsibility as an opportunity to put her Evangel education to good use – and hopefully give glory to God in the process.

Dauer—who is currently transitioning into the role of Community Bank President for The Bank of Missouri’s three Cape Girardeau locations—is excited for what the future holds, both for herself and for The Bank of Missouri.

“I’ll be responsible for three locations in Cape Girardeau, overseeing business development, profitability, and basically serving as the eyes and ears for all three of our banks in this market,” Dauer says. “I’m thankful God has put me in a position where I can be a servant for Him. In everything I do, I just want to make sure I’m doing it to the glory of God.”

Dauer received her bachelor’s degree in business administration from Evangel in 1997, majoring in management and minoring in marketing. She credits her professors at EU with helping her build and develop a solid educational foundation before heading into the business world.

“I truly had excellent, inspiring instructors,” she says. “So many of my professors helped lay the groundwork for what I would need to know in my career after graduation. They really helped start me down the path toward success, and I still find myself using bits of their insight and teaching in my work on a day-to-day basis.”

Dauer’s experience at Evangel goes far beyond the classroom, however. During her time at EU, Dauer was very active in the residence hall activities, participated in Students in Free Enterprise and was also in the band. According to Dauer, “Evangel was such an awesome experience because you are put together with lots of different people, all of whom are fellow believers. It’s great to have a network of people now, like on Facebook, who can pray for you when you need it and things like that. I wouldn’t have gotten that anywhere else.”

When asked about her advice to current and future EU students, Dauer replied, “Take the instruction you’re getting and glean as much knowledge from your instructors as you can. It puts you ten steps ahead of the next guy when you’re applying for jobs or you’re out in that workforce. Make use of the resources around you.”

Dauer also recommends that students get involved in and stay involved in a local church.

“My church is a big support for me,” she says. “You need to make sure that you’ve surrounded yourself with positive things and you gain that from a pastor who preaches the Word to you and a strong church family that supports your endeavors.”

Dauer—who enjoys camping, visiting national parks, reading and playing the piano in her free time—lives with her husband Lawrence Dauer III (whom she met at her local church).

Varsity athletics at Evangel

athletics