Daylea DuVall: Accounting major and student government leader

April 11, 2013

Sophomore Daylea DuVall has been involved with a wide range of on-campus organizations during her first two years at Evangel.

The Accounting major and Political Communication minor has taken part in cheerleading, student government and numerous Business Department groups. She is also an EU Host.

She says the best thing about Evangel’s Business Department is how interested the faculty is in helping the students.

“The professors are always looking out for special opportunities that will launch their students’ future careers,” she says.

When the Alabama native isn’t working with numbers or serving in student government, she enjoys playing piano and dancing. 

Why did you choose to attend Evangel? 

My dad was on Evangel’s charter football team, so I grew up attending Homecoming, listening to his Evangel stories and vacationing with family friends that he met at Evangel.

I knew Evangel was great for my dad, but was unsure if it would be for me – until I came. Once I got here, I realized everything I had ever heard about Evangel was true. The professors are extraordinary and truly care about their students, the spiritual atmosphere on campus is dynamic and the friendships are rich and abundant.

Did you visit campus prior to moving in? How did that help you? 

I visited several times as an “alumnus kid” and officially as a prospective student my senior year. I encourage everyone to come visit because life at Evangel is so spectacular that it must be experienced.

What makes the environment at Evangel special?

Its relatively small size provides opportunities that allow students to excel in their areas of strength.

What extracurricular activities are you involved in? What’s your favorite?

I am involved in several Business Department organizations such as ENACTUS, Student Investment Group and the Business Students Advisory Council. I also take piano lessons in the music department and was a cheerleader my freshman year.

My favorite involvement is student government. I began serving on Senate my freshman year as class president. Then, my sophomore year I served on the Activities Board and the Student Affairs Committee. Student Government has been so rewarding that I anticipate serving throughout my years at Evangel. All of my extracurricular activities have allowed me to grow as a leader, take ownership of my campus and make lasting friendships.

What are your goals for after Evangel? 

I plan to become a CPA and continue my education by going to graduate school, or possibly law school.

Why should a prospective student choose Evangel? 

Evangel’s strengths-based campus allows students to use their abilities to reach their fullest academic potential while they grow their relationship with God and others.

How has living on campus added to your experience here? 

Living with people other than my family has taught me that everyone is unique and has something special to offer to the community.

Join the celebration for Homecoming 2014

Homecoming button