Tori Dagg: Math major and EU Host

April 11, 2013

Tori Dagg says she loves seeing God’s handiwork through science.

At Evangel, the junior from Ontario is majoring in Mathematics with a concentration in Physics

Dagg was drawn to campus after an overnight visit that revealed what residence life was really like.  

She says visiting campus is not only to see what Evangel is like, but also to “get pumped for college and the adventure to come.”

Along with her studies, Tori serves as an EU Host. In her free time she enjoys reading, watching movies and hanging out with her friends.

Why did you choose to attend Evangel?

I knew that I needed to go somewhere that had a strong math and science program, but I also wanted to go to a school where my love for missions could be fostered and I could learn how to integrate my faith into a secular field. Evangel was the only place that offered all of what I was looking for.

Did you visit campus prior to moving in? How did that help you learn more about Evangel?

I loved my campus visit. It was a wonderful representation of what campus living is like. While I enjoyed the professor and adviser visits, the overnight stay was what showed me what Evangel was really like. The dorm is like a big family. It’s an amazing environment.

What makes the environment at Evangel special?

The environment is one of kindness and courtesy. The school is relatively small, so it’s easy to get to know a lot of people, but even those you don’t know will be kind and open. It’s easier to make friends here than anywhere else I’ve experienced.

What is the best thing about Evangel’s Science and Technology Department?

The sense of family. All of the professors are hilarious, genuine, brilliant and kind. I have never felt so at home in a work or studyenvironment. The professors in the Science and Technology Department have always gone above and beyond what is expected of them to help me not only academically, but also personally and spiritually. This kind of environment also makes it easy to become close with your fellow students, who share your passions.

What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

Most of my free time is spent studying or with friends, but I have been on my floor council for two years. It’s awesome to be part of a group of people who are committed to making the floor experience one that is fun and supportive for the students. We have had some pretty amazing events, and I’ve met some of my best friends through my floor.

What are your goals for after Evangel?

I plan to continue my education in graduate school, and am considering teaching at the collegiate level. But I’m thinking about taking a year after graduation to travel or do some missions work internationally.

Why should a prospective student choose Evangel?

Evangel is unique in that it is a strongly faith-based school without being only a Bible school. All of our programs are in strong departments with passionate and brilliant professors. Also, the campus is gorgeous and filled with wonderful people who are passionate about the calling God has placed on them.

How has living on campus added to your experience here?

If I didn’t live on campus, I never would have become close to the friends that I have now. I can honestly say that they have changed my life, and I’ve formed relationships that will last long past my college days.

Apply for free until Nov. 15

FA14_Science_Lab_006_edited

#CongratsDrTaylor: Learn more about Evangel’s fourth president

Get to know best-selling author and pastor Mark Batterson (’92)

MarkBatterson