Dr. Daniel Crabtree: Professor of Bible and Homiletics

August 12, 2013

Dr. Daniel Crabtree started teaching at Central Bible College (CBC) in 1996 and is now part of the faculty of the consolidated Evangel University. He currently teaches Homiletics and Old and New Testament Literature in Evangel’s School of Theology and Church Ministries.

As a missionary kid, Dr. Crabtree spent much of his childhood in Europe. He lived in Ohio during his teenage years and graduated from CBC in 1984. Dr. Crabtree then pastored for 12 years in the state of Ohio, earning his Master of Divinity and Doctorate in Ministry from Ashland Theological Seminary in Cleveland, Ohio.

In his free time, Dr. Crabtree enjoys playing strategy board games and watching sports. He and his wife, Loralie, have been married for 25 years. They have three children: Justin (21), Josh (17) and Kaylie (11). 

What stands out to you most about how your CBC education impacted you?

CBC provided a wonderful foundation for ministry particularly in my understanding of God’s Word. I went from reading the Bible out of a sense of obligation to falling in love with God’s Word.

What brought you back to CBC as a professor?

After pastoring for a few years, I began to truly appreciate the teaching I had received at CBC and developed an increasingly strong desire to return and invest in the lives of future preachers. On my first date with my wife, I told her that I would one day be a professor at CBC. That was 10 years before I taught my first class at the college.

What is the best part about working with Theology students?

I love the classroom experience and watching students come alive from the excitement of learning. I also enjoy spending time getting to know students in informal private conversations.

What are you excited about being a part of Evangel’s new School of Theology and Church Ministries?

I am excited about all the new ideas I will encounter from interactions with a larger circle of thinkers. The cross-pollination of ideas could produce some very exciting results.

What advice do you have for prospective students?

Be prepared to be challenged both intellectually and spiritually. The college years will be some of the most formative of your life. You will be immersed in an environment where you will be challenged to develop a Christian worldview.

Celebrating 100 years, impacting 100 more

100

Find your schedule for EU Launch 2014

IgNight_studentsonLawn