Bobbie McDaniel: Nonprofit Business & Social Enterprise Major

March 14, 2014

Bobbie McDaniel, a senior Nonprofit Business & Social Enterprise major from Edgerton, Kansas, seeks to have a meaningful career that impacts the lives of those around him. As a child of an Evangel alumna, he grew up with the knowledge that Evangel is a great place to be equipped for the future God has in store. Now, as a soon-to-be graduate, Bobbie can confirm that this University has opened up opportunities for him that will benefit him for a lifetime.

What are some of your hobbies?

I enjoy longboarding, catching up on my favorite TV show White Collar, going thrifting and exercising.

Why did you choose to attend Evangel?

I attended Evangel mainly due to my mom being an alumna here. I knew it was the right decision once things fell into place such as scholarships, my life-long friends choosing Evangel, and approval from family and friends.

What is your major?

My major is Nonprofit Business & Social Enterprise. I originally started as a Management/Marketing major, but through a series of God-centered appointments; I felt led to switch majors and developed a passion for socially impacting society through the art of for-purpose business.

Did you visit campus prior to moving in?

I did visit campus. I would definitely recommend visiting before coming. It got me excited for the next season of life. I also thought the Dining Hall was incredible compared to my normal high school lunch experience.

What makes the environment at Evangel special?

The faculty. I have developed many relationships and connections at Evangel that I will always cherish.

What is the best thing about the Business Department?

How much they are for you and want you to succeed. Also, Bernie Dana, the department chair, is one of the most genuine professors you will meet. He listens to students and goes out of his way to make sure you are getting the best opportunity at a great education.

What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

I have been involved in ENACTUS, intramurals and activities within the Nonprofit and Social Enterprise degree program.

What are your goals after you graduate?

I want to find a job that I enjoy and move to Oklahoma City to start the next season of my life.

Why should a prospective student choose Evangel?

With Evangel having such small classes, it gives you an opportunity to stand out more and develop connections with people. Evangel connects faith with action and views your spiritual walk just as important as your academics.

Apply for free until Nov. 15

FA14_Science_Lab_006_edited

#CongratsDrTaylor: Learn more about Evangel’s fourth president

Get to know best-selling author and pastor Mark Batterson (’92)

MarkBatterson