Lauren Christison: Accounting Major

March 14, 2014

Lauren Christison, a sophomore from Petersburg, Illinois, is majoring in Accounting and minoring in Spanish at Evangel. A lover of adventure, Lauren enjoys road trips, traveling, and spending time with family and friends. Her mom graduated from Evangel, and after a visit here during her high school years, Lauren decided she’d like to attend and graduate from Evangel, too. Lauren loves being a part of the Business Department, and she is excited to be equipped during her time here for the future God has for her in her workplace.

Why did you choose to attend Evangel?

My mom graduated from Evangel so Evangel was always an option, but I didn’t really think that I would actually end up going to school here. However, we came to visit the summer after my junior year of high school, and I immediately fell in love. I loved everything about the campus and knew right away that I would go to school here. I was encouraged to look at other schools but had no interest in going anywhere else because I truly felt Evangel is where I needed to be.

What is your major and minor?

I am majoring in Accounting and minoring in Spanish. Math was always my favorite subject in high school, and the career opportunities are endless with Accounting. As far as my Spanish minor, I had a fantastic Spanish teacher in high school who taught me so much and really instilled in me a huge interest for Spanish. Not only that, but having a Spanish minor will open even more doors for me in the business world.

Did you visit campus prior to moving in?

Yes. I actually visited campus not once but twice just to be completely sure of my decision. I would absolutely recommend a visit for prospective students because it is the best way to get a feel for the campus and the environment at Evangel. It was not until actually being on campus that realized how much I loved the school.

What makes the environment at Evangel special?

Evangel is truly such a unique, special place. I love that I am able to pursue my academic goals while being able to grow spiritually at the same time. Evangel has allowed me to grow not only academically but in all other aspects of my life as well, which is not necessarily common at other schools.

What is the best thing about the Business Department?

It’s impossible to pick only one thing I love about the Business Department. But if I had to pick the very best thing, I would say the professors. The professors are so genuine and truly do care about your success not just in the classroom, but in every aspect of your life. Not only that, but they have real-world business experience so the advice and expertise they have is so helpful.

What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

I am a member of the Business Students’ Advisory Council and I also serve as secretary on Lewis Second North Floor Council.

What are your plans after graduation?

After Evangel, I plan to continue my education and obtain a Master of Business Administration. I want to be a CFO of a company or own an accounting firm. Eventually, I want to raise a family. Most of all, I want to follow God’s will for my life and go wherever He calls me.

Why should a prospective student choose Evangel?

Evangel offers you so many opportunities to grow exponentially in so many dimensions of life. Not only that, but the relationships that I have built while at Evangel are unlike any other. Evangel prepares you not just for a career, but also for life.

Celebrating 100 years, impacting 100 more

100

Find your schedule for EU Launch 2014

IgNight_studentsonLawn