Doctor of Education Leadership in Curriculum and Instruction
Ed.D. of Educational Leadership in Curriculum & Instruction
The Ed.D program is 49 hours beyond a masters in education. The program uses the cohort model with a blended delivery of courses (one online and one seated per semester). In all coursework, use of technology as an instructional tool will be emphasized and articulated.
The coursework provides an opportunity for an individual to become a lead educator in a K-12 school district. With an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction the degree would provide the education and training for an individual to be a curriculum specialist, an assessment officer, a secondary level department chair, or a professor in an educator preparation program. Coursework may also be adapted to prepare for administrative certification. In all coursework, use of technology as an instructional tool will be emphasized and articulated.
Each of Evangel's academic programs is made up of a set of core curriculum, program requirements and electives. The courses listed below are just a small sample of courses that might be taken as a part of this specific program.
- EDL 701: LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
- EDL 702: LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
- EDL 705: ETHICS AND DECISIONS OF SCHOOL LEADERS
- EDL 709: RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- EDL 711: ADVANCED SUPERVISION
- EDL 713: CULTURAL COMEPETENCE
- EDL 723: RESEARCH METHODS AND STATISTICS
- EDL 729: DATA ANALYSIS FOR SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT
- EDL 733: TEACHER AS LEADER
- EDL 751: ADVANCED CURRICULUM AND DESIGN
- EDL 755: EFFECTIVE LEARNING
- EDL 757: DIFFERENTIATING CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
- EDL 759: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
- EDL 761: EDUCATIONAL FUNDING
- EDL 781: LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP
- EDL 790: DISSERTATION SEMINAR AND PROPOSAL
- EDL 796: DISSERTATION DIRECTED RESEARCH
Evangel University's world-class faculty is made up of caring, Christian professionals who are distinguished in their fields and dedicated to the development of tomorrow's Christian leaders.
When Matt Stringer graduated from Evangel in 1989 after playing football for the Crusaders, he decided to teach the game to others. He was a high school coach and teacher for 11 years while simultaneously earning master’s and doctoral degrees. When the opportunity came to join Evangel as a faculty member and football coach, Stringer […] read more
Dr. Gordon Pace did not always know that he wanted to be a teacher. When he first decided to attend Evangel University, he planned to study pre-med. However, upon entering his sophomore year, he realized that the medical field was not his true passion and headed on the path toward research in Evangel’s Biology and Chemistry […] read more
With an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction the degree would provide the education and training for an individual to be a:
- Curriculum Specialist
- Assessment Officer
- Secondary Level Department Chair
- Professor in an Educator Preparation Program
Coursework may also be adapted to prepare for administrative certification.