Application now open for Evangel’s full-tuition Founders scholarships
October 25, 2013 | Ian Richardson
Calling all high-achieving high school students – pull out those report cards and polish your essay-writing skills. The application for the Evangel University Founders Scholarship is now open.
Each year, Evangel awards 12 of these prestigious renewable scholarships – two full-tuition and 10 half-tuition – to incoming freshmen who demonstrate outstanding academic and leadership qualities.
“Being a Founders Scholar is an honor that will be recognized during your years at Evangel as well as the time following graduation when you apply for jobs or admission to graduate schools,” says Becky Rhoades, associate professor of accounting, and chair of the Founders Interviewing Committee.
The application deadline is January 12, 2014. It is also necessary that you have been accepted to Evangel by January 12, so do not delay the admission’s process if you plan to apply for the Founders Scholarship. Apply Now
After applications are received, 30 to 40 students will be selected to come to Evangel and participate in a day of group and individual interviews in front of the Founders committee on February 14. The committee will then select the top 12 candidates to receive the scholarship.
“Past students say the process of applying and interviewing is actually enjoyable,” Rhoades says. “The interaction with other applicants and interviews with the faculty committee are interesting and stimulating.”
There are several basic eligibility requirements:
- You plan to be a full-time, first-time student (12 credits per semester or more) in the traditional undergraduate program at Evangel and live on campus.
- You have a minimum 3.8 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- You have an ACT composite score of 30 or above, or an SAT Critical Reading and Math score of 1330 or above.
- You have demonstrated church, school or community-related involvement.
- You have demonstrated a strong Christian character.
- You are a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
Does this sound like you? Then what are you waiting for? Start your application today.