Welcome to Evangel University! We are so happy to have you staying on campus with us. Please use this page to answer any questions you may have. If you still have a question after looking through the information here, please contact Conference Services at 417-865-2815 ext. 7981.
Important Contact Information
Public Safety – 417-575-8911
If you have an emergency while on campus, please call Public Safety and they will call 911. This is important so that they can direct the police officers to the correct area on campus and unlock the doors for them.
Information Technologies (IT) – 417-865-2815 ext. 7811
If you are using a computer or projector on campus and are having issues, please contact IT
Conference Services – 417-865-2815 ext. 7981 – available from 8am – 4:30pm
Event Production – 417-865-2815 ext. 7403
If you are having trouble with any audio/visual equipment, please contact Event Production
Billing Office – 417-865-2815 ext. 7308
All payments for summer housing must be made through the Billing office. You can bring a check by or pay over the phone.
Summer Stay Students:
What do I do when I’m ready to check out?
Please clean your room and move all furniture back to its original place. Bring your key to either the Conference Service office (Riggs 104) or Public Safety (Riggs 208). Everything must be removed from your room or you will continue to be charged for the room.
Is there hall visitation?
No, there is no hall visitation during the summer months. You may visit with guests of the opposite gender in the first-floor lobby, until midnight. At midnight all guests should exit the hall.
Is there an RD/RA on-call?
We will have a Summer RA available for non-emergency assistance.
Can I have an overnight guest?
Yes, all guests must be registered with Conference and Event Services prior to staying overnight. This is a safety concern so that Public Safety can be aware of anyone staying on campus in the event of an emergency. Please come by the Conference Services office or email Autumn Walker email@example.com in advance.
Is there curfew?
Closed Campus/Curfew: The campus closes at curfew (1:00 a.m. nightly; 2:00 a.m. Friday nights and during student breaks and summer school). Any non-resident student or guest should leave campus by then, unless checked in by a resident student (platonic friend of same gender). No loitering outside is permitted. After curfew, you may work on academic projects in campus buildings, with permission from their Department Chair or faculty member.
Guests Staying on Campus:
- How do I pay my bill?
- Conference Services will send you an invoice prior to your stay on campus. Payment is due before the beginning of the month and can be made through the billing office. Please do not contact Conference Services to pay your bill.
- Is there free wifi?
- Yes, you can use the EU GUEST wifi. If you need stronger wifi for a presentation or something of that nature, please contact Conference Services for a login and password.
- How do I adjust the temperature in the room I’m staying in?
- If you don’t see a thermostat in your room, then it is in the adjoining suite. Please communicate with the person in that room to adjust the temperature.
- What do I do a light burns out in my room or something breaks?
- Contact Conference Services and we will put in a request with facilities to have it fixed as soon as possible.
- I need a new blanket/pillow/towel/ toilet paper
- Contact Conference Services if between the hours of 8am – 4:30pm. If it is after hours there will be a phone number listed at the front desk of your dorm for one of our student works. They will be able to get whatever you need for you.
- Can I use the fitness facilities?
- The Mabee fitness center is open to all EU and AGTS students. You can find their hours of operation here.
- Can I receive mail while staying on campus?
- Yes, all mail can be picked up in the post office located on the main floor of Riggs. Please have all mail addressed to:
Your name c/o (the group you are with or Conference Services)
1111 N. Glenstone Ave
Springfield, MO 65802
- What do I need to do when I’m checking out of the room?
- Please return all furniture to its original location and clean the room to the best of your ability. There are dumpsters behind each residence hall and a vacuum on each floor.
- Drop your key off at the Public Safety office (Riggs 208)