Residence Hall Room Information
(Each residence hall has a microwave and an ice machine for student use.)
Each room has the following:
- Sink and vanity
- Two twin beds. Beds for men have extra-long mattresses (except for Lewis 2 3 & 4South). Female students may request extra-long mattresses if needed.
- Two desks with chairs
- One four-drawer chest
- Two closets (each closet is 46” x 21” and has two shelves)
- Standard window (opening is 34” x 44”)
A bathroom with a tub/shower and a toilet connects the two rooms in each suite.
Within each residence hall there is a coin-operated laundry facility.
Download the Room Layout (PDF)
Checklist: What to Bring
- Mattress cover (REQUIRED)
- Clothes hangers
- Cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent
- Personal hygiene items
- Plastic storage containers
- Telephone (room phones are not provided)
Electrical items (OPTIONAL):
- Hair dryer
- Curling iron
- Coffee pot
- Popcorn popper
- Headphones (for students who prefer to study with music/TV and have roommates who don’t)
- Small microwave*
- TV, DVD
- Hot pot (no open or exposed heating element)
- Refrigerator (smallest size only—approximately 3 cubic ft)
- Note: All appliances must use a power strip with an electrical breaker switch
- Pictures, posters, etc. (hang with poster tack because nails are not allowed)
- Air fresheners, potpourri, etc. (no open flames of any kind)
- Small sofas, couches or chairs
- Small aquarium fish (no other pets permitted)
Free Internet access is available in all residence hall rooms.
Eight main computer labs are available to all students campus wide.
The Art & Communication departments each have computer labs.
Each residence hall has a computer lab that is open 24 hours.
Basic phone service is included in room charge (phone not provided).
Email is the principal means of communication between faculty, staff, administration and students. Students are required to set up an Evangel email account and must check it daily as they will be held accountable for all official communication of administrative policies, faculty instructions and campus information including assignments, registration materials, announcements, etc.