We are delighted that you are interested in pursuing your education at Evangel. Whether you are an international student, a missionary kid, a military kid, or a student who has grown up overseas, we welcome the unique perspective and life experiences you will bring to this campus.
International Admissions Counselor, Celia Duncan
I’m the International Student Admissions Counselor and am here to answer any questions you may have. I am dedicated to walking you through the admissions process and helping in any way I can. Along with International Students, I also serve transfer students and non-degree seeking students.
Being in an environment that encourages Christian faith and surrounds students with other like-minded believers provides a safe, welcoming atmosphere, no matter where you may be coming from. We look forward to having you at Evangel University!
I am so excited that you are considering Evangel University as the college where you will pursue your degree. I believe Evangel offers the perfect balance of academic, spiritual, and social life, with a specific emphasis on integrating all three. I look forward to working with you!
I-20 Immigration Form Information
In order for the I-20 US immigration forms to be released, students must:
- Meet the admission requirements.
- Complete the application process and be accepted to Evangel.
- Pay for one school year in full. See more information on tuition and cost.
- International students are strongly encouraged to apply to EU one year before the start of the semester they plan to attend, and no later than May 1 for the fall semester.
After receiving the I-20 immigration forms, students should:
- Make an appointment with their country’s embassy to apply for the F-1 Student Visa.
- Take their acceptance letter, I-20, and any embassy specific forms with them to the Visa interview.
- After obtaining their F-1 Student Visa, schedule a flight to arrive in Springfield, Missouri approximately 5 days before the start of classes.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
For non-U.S. citizens or those which English is not their first language, we require a minimum TOEFL score. Contact Josh Cincotta for information about minimum scores.
Other International Students Staff
Cathy Williams, Registrar
Cathy issues the I-20 immigration forms.
Susie Bryan, Director of Health Services
Susie will help you with your health forms and immunizations.
Ocki Haas, Human Resource Supervisor
Ocki will help you get a job on campus, which can be a great way for international students to get a job they enjoy that also fits in with their campus lifestyle and schedule.
Gina Rentschler, Director of Community Life
Gina will be involved with getting you plugged in to community life once you are admitted and step foot on Evangel’s campus.
Melinda Jamison, Community Life Administrative Assistant
Melinda will help you acclimate to U.S. culture and help you assimilate into the Evangel community.