As a committed Christian campus devoted to the highest standard of academic excellence, Evangel University is guided by a set of admissions requirements meant to provide the best spiritual and academic environment for its students. Below you will find a brief outline of these requirements. Please contact us with any questions.
|Faith||As a boldly Christian university, all of our students have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.|
|Diploma||Graduation from high school, or having the equivalent of a high school diploma such as the General Education Development (GED) examination.|
|Core Subjects||A minimum of a 2.5 GPA in core college prep classes (English, math, social sciences and science with a lab)|
|Grade Average||A “C” average. However, in some cases, a student with a weak academic record may be considered. To remain at Evangel, however, the student must meet scholastic requirements.|
|Standardized Tests||Entering freshmen should take the ACT or SAT test. The codes for Evangel are as follows: SAT: 6198. ACT: 2296.|
In order to be granted Freshman Status, applicants must fit one of the categories below:
1. High school Graduates
Applicants with less than 15 college credits taken after high school graduation are considered freshmen applicants for admission purposes.
- Applicants should have a high school diploma or the equivalent of a high school diploma such as the General Education Development (GED) examination.
- For full admission consideration to the University, applicants should have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and 20 ACT or 1030 SAT (ERW-Evidence Reading and Writing plus Math).
- Applicants not meeting full admission criteria may be considered for probational admission based on a comprehensive review of the application.
- A minimum of a 2.5 GPA in core college prep classes is also considered in admission decisions. (English, math, social sciences and science with a lab).
- When registering for the ACT or SAT, please remember to send us your test results. The codes for Evangel are as follows:
2. Transfer Students
Applicants who have taken 15 or more non-remedial college credits from a regionally accredited institution after high school graduation are considered transfer applicants for admission purposes.
- For admission consideration, transfer applicants should have a minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA and be a student in good standing at all previously attended institutions.
- Transfer credit may be granted for most standard university courses with a “C-” or higher.
- In the evaluation of credits from institutions accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, all general education, biblical studies, theology and missions courses are accepted for transfer when Evangel University has generally equivalent courses.
- All transfer credits which exceed the maximum permitted in general education or in a major, concentration or minor are listed on the transcript but may be counted only toward the total graduation requirement.
- Students who have been on probation at other colleges/universities will enter with the same status upon admission to Evangel.
- No more than 64 semester hours of work from junior colleges may apply to a degree.
- To assure that a graduate of EU has had an opportunity to experience the distinctive philosophy of the University as well as to demonstrate overall expertise in his or her area, a student must complete at least 12 semester hours of his or her major or concentration under Evangel university guidance and approval.
- For Education majors, in addition to the major, no more than 50 percent of professional education courses are accepted in transfer.
Transfer students classified as seniors must complete at least 30 semester hours of work in residence at Evangel University before qualifying for a degree.
- Those who transfer as Education majors are required to complete the equivalent of three semester in residence at the University (two semesters to include a minimum of 30 semester hours plus the student teaching semester).
- here is an English proficiency requirement for students before they may graduate from Evangel.
- International students may need to provide their TOEFL score
3. Homeschool Senior
- Homeschooled applicants are considered for admission based upon the same criteria as freshmen applicants and are not required to submit additional credentials or documentation.
4. International Student
- International students may need to provide their TOEFL score.
Applicants who have met the following criteria will be considered for admission to the Graduate Studies program:
- As a boldly Christian university, all of our students have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Hold an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or have been accepted into an Evangel University 5-year BS/MS degree program
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work or last two years as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Provide official results of required entrance examinations.
- Meet specific departmental requirements as stipulated in the individual program descriptions.
Applicants who have met the following criteria will be considered for admission to the Adult Studies program:
- All of our students have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent of a high school diploma such as the General Education Development (GED) examination.
- A minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA in previous college courses. However, in some cases, a student with a weak academic record may be considered. To remain at Evangel, however, you must meet scholastic requirements.