How I picked Evangel

March 13th, 2012 | Shannyn Wong

For you March may be just another month, but for me March holds a very special place in my heart. Besides it being the month of my sister’s birthday, it is also the month that I visited Evangel and decided to attend here the following academic year. It was spring break and my mom and I flew out to Springfield to see Evangel’s campus. I was overtaken with the friendliness of every person on campus. Everywhere I turned there was a smile greeting me from either a student or faculty member. The atmosphere on Evangel was one of comfort and a home-away-from-home. Thinking back on my visit, the things that stick out the most to me were the friendliness of everyone, knowing that Evangel was a place where I could grow, and the beautiful flowers that covered campus. I knew that Evangel had everything that I wanted for my college experience: a Christian foundation, challenging courses, and a family atmosphere.

Once I was home again I felt conflicted between two schools: Evangel and a school in California. But through God’s faithfulness He showed me the school where I would grow academically, personally, and spiritually and that was Evangel. While March may be just another month of the year, it is a month that I will never forget.

As you look at different schools to attend I encourage you to open up your eyes, ears, and heart to Jesus because He will show you where you are supposed to be. Seek His wisdom in schooling because you’ll be spending four years and a lot of money where you attend. I pray that as you journey through this time of decisions that God would speak to your heart and that He would show you the path that He has laid out for you. If Evangel is where you are headed let me be the first to say, “Welcome to the Evangel Family!”

Shannyn Wong

Advertising and Public Relations Major | Class of 2014

Shannyn is an Advertising/Public Relations major from Loveland, Colorado. She is an RA in Lewis Hall. She encourages prospective students to seek God’s will for college.

Evangel unveils commercial for the greater yoU.

‘War Room’ film helps bring peace to home of Evangel alums

'War Room' director Alex Kendrick prepares for production in front of  Roland and Angela Mitchell's home just outside Charlotte, NC.

You won’t be able to put down these five summer readers from EU alums

FA14_Girls_Dorm Room_027

Earn Your Master of Organizational Leadership

EU Soccer: Kicking off with Bruce Deaton