StrengthsQuest: Discover and Develop Your Strengths in Academics, Career, and Beyond
- Helps you better understand your talents, teaches you how to build them into strengths, and provide insights into how you can apply them to academics and other interests. For more information about the use of this tool, come by Career Development in the CareerServices office.
- An internet based career and education planning system designed to provide Evangel students with personalized career and education exploration and planning services. FOCUS is easy to use, provides complete self-assessment tools, and contains the most comprehensive occupational and educational information database for use by students available. Come by our office in the Student Union, Suite 107, to pick up a FOCUS keycode.
- An interactive occupational site which provides skill matching and occupational matching for individuals. The O*Net site also draws from Holland’s Theory of Careers and RIASEC model.
What Color is Your Parachute?
- Guide to internet job hunting is a great resource for online career assessment and planning by author Dick Bolles.
- Site includes articles published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
- This resource describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
- Provides critical data for expected starting salaries and maximum expected career earnings for over 4,000 jobs, as well as information regarding cost of living differentials for 7,200+ North American cities.