Originally from Steelville, MO and graduated from Steelville High School in 1990 – Go Cardinals!
Favorite Memory as an Evangel Student: Meeting my wife to be (Erica Schmidgall), making life long friendships, and learning from Godly instructors.
Favorite specific memories? 7:30 AM College Band rehearsals with Mr. John Shows and green gravy on top of the Sunday chicken strips at the Caf.
Teaching experience: 1995, Sikeston High School; 2000, Missouri State University; 2004, Evangel University
Hobbies: science fiction (reading, watching movies/TV shows), reading (history, biographies of historical figures, historical fiction, action adventure), photography, cars, computers and gadgets (of course), and music (singing/playing low brass). I am the father of three boys: Jacob (23), Ryan (21), and Tyler (19). My wife and I have been married for 28 years. Starting my 20th year teaching at Evangel!
CBFA (Christian Business Faculty Association)
ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs)
Publications and Presentations:
– Towards an Internet-based Distance Education (IDE) Framework for Religious-based Higher Education Organizations: A Case of the Alliance for Assemblies of God Higher Education, Dissertation, UMI #3510437
– Profile of a CHTP, Article in The Bottom Line, Journal of Hospitality Professionals
– Roger Quilter: A Critical Comparison of Four Songs of the Sea, Opus 1, and To Julia, Opus 8 Master’s Thesis – Missouri State University
– Digital Addictions: Smart Phones (Faith and Science Conference, 2016)
– Can You Hear Me Know? Increasing Instructor Presence and Student Engagement in Online Classes (Innovation Showcase Virtual Conference, 2015)
– Building Online Instructor Expectations: The Evangel University Certification Process (MO Canvas Conference, Missouri S&T, 2015)
– Online Education Best Practices: Engaging the Teacher and Student (Evangel University Faculty Seminar, 2015)
– Three Variations on a Theme: Building Online Programs in Private, Community and State Institutional Environments (Missouri Distance Learning Association Annual Conference, 2013)
– Internet-based Distance Education in Assemblies of God Higher Education (Assemblies of God Faculty Conference, 2012)
– Teaching Online 101 (Assemblies of God Faculty Conference, 2010)
Active in our church, Evangel Temple, in choir and orchestra. Have worked with the church as technology manager and A/V specialist. Have lead worship in the 1st (traditional) service and a soloist with the choir and orchestra. Looking forward to working on just purchased 10 acres north of Springfield.