be_ixf;ym_202309 d_24; ct_50

Off-Campus Housing

Off-Campus Housing

Commuters (417 Hall)

Although Evangel is primarily a residential campus, over 300 students live off campus with parents or grandparents in the area or are married.

As a commuter student, you will have avenues for connection and collaboration through our student organization, the “417 Hall.” The Commuter Coordinator and student council work together planning events and providing resources that address your needs and help you to thrive. The Commuter Coordinator serves as a liaison between commuter students and Administration. The Commuter Council is a team of student leaders who plan and implement activities for the commuter population to encourage belongingness to the university and lasting friendships among students.

The Commuter Office, located on the second floor of the Student Union, is your place to get questions answered. A commuter lounge, computer lab, and lockers are also located in the student union. The “fire-side room” has couches, a big screen TV, along with two dining and/or study tables, a refrigerator, and microwave.

Off-Campus Approval Criteria

Students must be approved in order to live off campus. Here are the criteria:

  • Living with a parent, grandparent, or court approved legal guardian
  • Attained the age of 23 or older prior to the official, published semester move-in day
  • Achieved senior status, a GPA (cumulative) of 3.0 or better, and age 22 by move-in day, provided they are not on a disciplinary plan
  • Completed 8 full-time semesters of course work
  • Enrolled for 9 hours or less (including courses taken concurrently at other institutions)
  • Completed a previous baccalaureate degree
  • Fulfilled a minimum of 2 years active duty military service
  • Participating in the student teaching semester
  • Nursing student upperclassman with classes at Cox School of Nursing
  • Married (Engaged students may be tentatively approved)

Once you meet one of the criteria, submit the off-campus questionnaire (located in the student portal) and your request will be evaluated by the Housing Director. A parental endorsement is required for students living at home with their parents. All commuters must submit the questionnaire. Students living with parents are approved on a yearly basis and must re-apply prior to each fall semester.

Resident students changing to commuter status should check with their financial aid counselor to see if their financial award will be affected. Valor students must live on campus in order to remain eligible.

Wondering if you can live off campus? Click here to find out.

417 Hall Social Media

Stay connected with the commuter community by following Evangel 417 Hall on social media:




EU Rental Properties

Evangel has a limited number of houses, duplexes, and apartments available to full-time students who meet the requirements to live off campus. Perkin Apartments have 1 bedroom and are located on the north side of Evangel’s campus near the baseball and softball fields. Two-bedroom duplexes and several single-family homes are also available. All properties are within walking distance of campus. Contact the Housing Office for more information about Evangel rental properties or complete the Rental Housing Application if you would like to be placed on the waiting list.