Evangel hosts 32 Founders Scholarship candidates
February 17, 2012 | Paul K. Logsdon
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Evangel University will interview 32 Founders Scholarship candidates on Friday, Feb. 17. Two students will receive full-tuition scholarships and 10 students will receive half-tuition scholarships, effective upon their enrollment at Evangel.
“Over the next four years, full-tuition Founders Scholarships will be worth approximately $68,000 and half-tuition scholarships will be worth $34,000,” said Andy Denton, vice president for enrollment management. “Founders Scholarships are renewable for four years as long as the student maintains the eligibility requirements.”
Founders Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3.8 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- ACT composite score of 30 or above or SAT (Critical Reading and Math) score of 1330 or above
- Involvement in church, school and community.
Founders Scholars must enroll as full-time, first-time students in the traditional undergraduate program.
The Founders Scholarship interview committee for 2012 includes:
- Mrs. Rebecca Rhoades, committee chair, associate professor of accounting
- Ms. Melinda Booze, assistant professor of communication
- Dr. Dale Garrett, associate professor of social sciences
- Dr. Bud Greve, professor of education
- Dr. Keith Hardy, chair, professor of kinesiology
- Dr. Michael Kolstad, chair, professor of the music
- Dr. Alina Lehnert, assistant professor of organizational leadership
- Dr. Mike McCorcle, chair of the science and technology department, professor of physics and meteorology
- Dr. Brandon Schmidly, assistant professor of philosophy
- Dr. Robert Turnbull, professor of French
- Mrs. Donna Washburn, chair of behavioral sciences department, social work program field coordinator
For additional information about these and other scholarship opportunities, contact the Office of Admissions at 417-865-2815 ext. 7205 or visit Founders.