Evangel University to celebrate homecoming Oct. 11-13
October 3, 2012 | Paul K. Logsdon
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Evangel University’s 2012 Homecoming celebration will take place Oct. 11-13. Numerous events are planned for the three-day celebration, ranging from sporting events to reunion dinners, and concluding with a celebratory banquet.
Finals for EU’s Got Talent, a student talent competition, will be held at 8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 12, in the chapel auditorium. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
This event will feature five top student performances that will be selected through preliminary competitions prior to the final showcase. The audience will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite performance. Cash prizes will be awarded: $500 for first place, $400 for second place, $300 for third place, $200 for fourth place, and $100 for fifth place.
There is no charge for admission, and the public is invited to attend.
An additional weekend highlight will be the annual Celebration Banquet, which will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13, in the University Plaza Hotel. Tickets will be required. Dr. George Wood, general superintendent of the Assemblies of God, will be the guest speaker. Alumni Association awards for 2012 will be presented as well.
- Chapel Service with speaker Ron Harris—Thursday, Oct.11, 10 a.m., Chapel Auditorium
- Chapel Service with President Robert H. Spence—Friday, Oct. 12, 10 a.m., Chapel Auditorium
- Trees of Honor Recognition—Friday, Oct. 12, 11 a.m., EU Commons (or Riggs Hall concourse in case of inclement weather)
- Golf Tournament—Friday, Oct. 12, 11:30 a.m., Rivercut Golf Course; ticket required
- Class Reunions—Friday, Oct. 12, 5:30 p.m., University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
- 2005-2012 Young Alumni Mixer/Reception—Friday, Oct. 12, 6:30 p.m., the Joust
- Silent Auction and EUfacetime—Friday, Oct. 12, 8:45 p.m., Mabee Fitness Center
- Pearson-Creek 5K Fun Run/Walk—Saturday, Oct. 13, 7:30 a.m., Crusader Track; ticket required
- Tailgate Party/Crusader-Mania—Saturday, Oct. 13, 12 noon, John F. Kennedy Stadium parking lot; pay onsite
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Peru State Bobcats—Saturday, Oct. 13, 1:30 p.m., John F. Kennedy Stadium; ticket required
- Alumni Art Exhibit/Epiphany Late Night Afterglow—Saturday, Oct. 13, 9:30 p.m., Bellwether Art Gallery, downtown
Tickets are available through online registration at the following: https://web.evangel.edu/apps/public/homecomingRegistration/
For additional information, contact Chuck Cox at (417) 865-2815, ext. 7333.
Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.