Evangel University communication professor Chip Stanek completes doctoral program

Published on Apr 4, 2013 by Evangel University News

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Dr. Chip Stanek, assistant professor of communication, has earned his doctorate in communication with an emphasis in film from Regent University.

Stanek is a 1994 graduate of Kickapoo High School.

He graduated from Evangel in1997 and began working fulltime as a faculty member in 2003. He teaches courses in electronic media and is the faculty adviser for Crusader Media.

“I wanted to extend my knowledge of a subject I love and be able to participate more in the academic conversation,” Stanek said.

Stanek spent five years working on his coursework and dissertation.  He wrote an analysis of films consisting of characters that overcame their human failings through a transcendent entity.

“The knowledge and analytical skills that I’ve learned will enhance the discussions and lectures that are given in my film classes,” Stanek said.

For additional information, contact Dr. Chip Stanek at (417) 865-2815, ext. 8416.

Evangel University is a private, Christian university of arts, sciences and professions. With an enrollment of more than 2,000 students from all 50 states and abroad, Evangel offers more than 100 undergraduate academic programs and nine master’s programs.