Evangel University to hold 2013 Homecoming celebration Oct. 3-6
September 13, 2013 | Valorie Coleman
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Evangel University’s 2013 Homecoming Week activities will take place Oct. 3-6, with the theme He’s Been Faithful.
“The theme was chosen to celebrate what God has been doing at Evangel University over the years,” said Chuck Cox, director of alumni relations. “Our alumni won’t want to miss this opportunity.”
This year’s homecoming week celebration also will honor President Robert H. Spence, who is in his 40th year of service to the university. At 7 p.m. on Saturday night, Oct. 5, the Evangel University family will pay tribute to him with a celebration in the chapel auditorium.
Speakers for the tribute event include former Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Vern Clark. The EU Concert Choir and Concert Orchestra will feature current students and alumni, including Dove award-nominated recording artist Sara Groves.
Annual homecoming favorites also are scheduled — the silent auction, pep rally, golf tournament, 5K run, EUfacetime and EU’s Got Talent. Alumni guest lectures and class reunion dinners will round out the activities.
Central Bible College alumni are encouraged to attend the homecoming celebration, as the legacy of CBC continues to thrive through Evangel University’s School of Theology and Church Ministries.
“I look forward to connecting with the CBC alumni and friends,” said Doug Jenkins, director of CBC alumni and church relations. “With more than 90 years of history, I want them to know that ministerial training will continue to be a focus at EU. I will work diligently to advance alumni programs and services.”
- Chapel services with Dr. Carol Taylor, president-elect and CEO, and President Robert H. Spence:
- Taylor will speak Thursday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m., Chapel Auditorium
- Spence will speak Friday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m., Chapel Auditorium
- Young alumni mixer/reception: Thursday, Oct. 3, 7:45 p.m., the Joust
- EU Jazz Orchestra concert: Thursday, Oct. 3, 8 p.m., Barnett Recital Hall
- Alumni authors’ book fair and signing: Friday, Oct. 4, 1:30 p.m., location Cantrell Student Union
- EU’s Got Talent: Friday, Oct. 4, 8 p.m., Chapel Auditorium
- Reunion Dinners: Friday, Oct. 4, 5:30 p.m., University Plaza Hotel
- Tailgate party and Crusader Mania: Saturday, Oct. 5, noon, Plaster Stadium (MSU Campus)
- Homecoming football game vs. the Culver-Stockton Wildcats: Saturday, Oct. 5, 1:30 p.m., Plaster Stadium (MSU Campus)