Storm causes power outage on Evangel’s campus
September 1, 2014 | Evangel University News
UPDATE: The campus power is back on as of 7:43 a.m., but may go off again as repairs continue to be made to the poles on the front of Evangel’s campus.
SEPT. 1, 2014 — A major storm went through the region early this morning, and as a result, there is a power outage on the northeast side of Springfield. That outage includes the Evangel University campus. Power generators are working as designed.
• City Utilities is working to fix the problem, which includes five downed power poles. Evangel’s Physical Plant personnel are on hand to assist.
• As a result, Glenstone Ave. is closed. Please use Division St. to enter or exit the campus.
• The cafeteria will open at 8 a.m. and will remain open all day for those who would like to gather there.
• Please visit the Evangel University Public Safety Facebook page for updates.
• If you have any questions for Public Safety, please call the direct line at (417) 575-8911.