EUFilms to present “Solitude”
December 3, 2014 | Paul Logsdon
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – EU Films will present the dramatic film, Solitude, on Dec. 12 at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. in the Barnett Recital Hall located on Evangel University’s campus.
Tickets will be sold at the door, $1 for students and $2 general admission. Auditorium doors open 20 minutes prior to showing.
In addition to the feature, recently-produced short films by Evangel students will be shown before Solitude.
Solitude is a 55-minute drama/psychological thriller about a young man trying to find the secrets of his past. On Silas and Hope’s way to a camping trip, they get separated in the woods and have to survive on their own. Silas is soon confronted with his past and must find a way to overcome it in order to find Hope and escape the wilderness.
Story development began last spring, with production beginning in early September.
EU Films is a student media organization located in the Communication Department at Evangel University. Students at Evangel participate as staff, crew and writers for the films produced.
“The crew who has worked on this project is experienced, so I’m looking forward to a film with high production values,” said Dr. Cameron Pace, faculty adviser.
Films produced at Evangel are shown at the end of each semester and then uploaded to crusadermedia.com for public viewing at a later date. Evangel’s cable station, EUTV, also airs the films approximately three to four months after the public viewing.
Solitude has a cast of seven:
- Silas: Joshua Smith, senior theatre major from Pueblo, Colo.
- Hope: Kelly Roe, freshman theatre major from Concord, N.C.
- Aliah: Rodney Wiseman, Springfield area actor
- Mrs. Elam: Juli Tapken, Springfield area actress
- Silas’ father: Matt Robert, Springfield area actor
- Luke: Ross Buzzell, Springfield area actor
- David Barnett, Springfield area actor
The crew is made up of EU Films students and includes the following:
- Director and scriptwriter: Michael Muench, junior film major from Alamogordo, N.M.
- Producer and scriptwriter: Jared Carpenter, senior film major from Springfield, Mo.
- Director of photography: Jared Long, junior computer sciences major from Willard, Mo.
- Chief editor: Cameron Dinwiddie, senior film major from Eldon, Mo.
- Audio supervisor: Andrew Kilpatrick, junior film major from Jacksonville, Ill.
- Assistant director: Megan Proebsting, junior film major from St. Charles, Mo.
- Audio assistant: Noah Giamei, sophomore film major from Freeville, N.Y.
- Assistant editor: Billy Hansen, senior digital arts major from Great Falls, Mont.
Approximately 10 to 20 Evangel students are involved with the making of the film. Actors from around the Ozarks participate in Evangel films on a regular basis.
EU Film productions are photographed using digital film-style cameras. Visuals are edited using Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Speedgrade software. Sound is mixed using Adobe Audition software. Films are typically formatted in 1080 x 1920 resolution at 24 frames per second with progressive scanning.
“Our students gain experience in all the production methods, from start to finish, when they have produced a Film Workshop movie,” said Pace.
For more information, visit www.crusadermedia.com/eufilms, or contact Dr. Cameron Pace at ext. 8413.