Sarah Specter to present senior voice recital on Monday, April 11

Published on Apr 8, 2016 by Mallory Johnson

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Sarah Specter will perform her senior voice recital at Evangel University on Monday, April 11, at 7:30 p.m. The concert will be in the recital hall of the Barnett Fine Arts Center.

Admission is free and the public is invited to attend.

Specter is a student of Susan Smith, associate professor of music, and she will be accompanied by Carol Wilson, retired music instructor at Evangel.

The recital will feature two duets, a trio and two double-quartet pieces. The ensembles will be accompanied by Evangel students Alletha Barnett, Julia Gardino, Faith Grahlman, Joshua Little, Esther Malone, Vincent Nolden, Jonathan Parker and Cody Yanez.

“My recital has more ensembles than usual because my favorite part of music is sharing it with others,” Specter said.

“Along with ensembles, my recital also has a fair amount of Hebrew, which is uncommon,” Specter said. “I chose to sing a few songs in this language because I am a Messianic Jew. I believe that I am very fortunate to have such a rich heritage, and I enjoy each opportunity I come by to share this aspect of my life with others.”

Sarah is the daughter of alumni Robert ’81 and Carrie (Fields ’79) Specter of Cincinnati, Ohio, and she is earning a double major in music and mathematics.

PROGRAM

• “Domine Deus,” by Johann Sebastian Bach — with Alletha Barnett, alto
  • “V’adoro Pupille,” by George Frideric Handel
  • “Oft She Visits this Lone Mountain,” by Henry Purcell
  • “Allelujia,” by Wolfganga Amadeus Mozart — with Alletha Barnett, first soprano and Julia Gardino, second soprano
  • “O Mio Babbino Caro,” by Giacomo Puccini

Intermission

• “Sous le Dome Epais,” by Leo Delibes — with Esther Malone, soprano
  • “Vergebliches Standchem,” by Johannes Brahms
  • “Chanson de Florian,” by Benjamin Godard
  • “Ma Na’avu, Kadosh and Blessed are You,” by Paul Wilbur — with Joshua Little, piano
  • “When You Believe,” by Stephen Schwartz
  • “Remember,” by Stephen Chatman — directed by Esther Malone, with Alletha Barnett, Julia Gardino, Faith Grahlman, Cody Yanez, Joshua Little, Vincent Nolden and Jon Parker

The Department of Music at Evangel is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and the Missouri Association of Departments & Schools of Music. Courses and degree plans are designed to satisfy requirements of these accrediting agencies.

For more information, visit www.evangel.edu or contact the Music Department at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.