Chicago native Corryne Shaw will present her senior vocal recital at Evangel University on Saturday, Nov. 11, at 7:30 p.m., in the Barnett Recital Hall.
Admission is free and the public is invited to attend.
Shaw is a voice student of Dr. Grace St. Pierre and has also studied with Mrs. Susan Smith.
She will be accompanied by Carol Wilson and will performing duets with students Joshua Little and Juliana Beatie. She will also be performing with cellist, Esther Clifton.
“The reason I chose music education as a major was because of the opportunities it could give me,” said Shaw. “I have opportunities to perform, to grow, to teach, and to mentor future singers and performers. Though my first passion is performance, teaching has become a large part of who I am.”
After graduating, Shaw hopes to continue her education by earning her Masters in vocal performance to broaden her performance opportunities and to be able to teach at a college level. She hopes to eventually obtain a doctorate degree in music.
• There the Brisk, Sparkling Nectar — George Frideric Handel (1685-1759) — From: The Choice of Hercules (1750)
• Er Ist’s — Hugo Wolf (1860-1903)
• Du Bist Die Ruh — Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
• Take O Take Those Lips Away and The Year’s At The Spring — Amy Beach (1867-1944)
• O Mio Babbino Caro — Giacomo Puccini (1858-1924) — From: Gianni Schicchi (1918)
• ¿Con qué la lavaré? and ¿De donde venis, amore? — Joaquín Rodrigo (1901-1999)
• Duo des fleurs (Flower Duet) — Léo Delibes (1836-1891) — From: Lakmé (1883) — Featuring: Juliana Beatie, Soprano
• By Strauss — George Gershwin (1898-1937)
• All I Ask of You — Andrew Lloyd Webber (1948-Present) — From: The Phantom of the Opera (1986) — Featuring: Joshua Little, Baritone
• Dream With Me — Leonard Bernstein (1918-1990) — From: Peter Pan (1950) — Featuring: Esther Clifton, Cello
• Ah! Je Veux Vivre — Charles Gounod (1818-1893) — From: Roméo et Juliette (1867)
The Department of Music at Evangel University offers majors in music, music education, music performance, recording technology and worship leadership.
The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music and the Missouri Association of Departments & Schools of Music.
For more information, visit www.evangel.edu or contact the Music Department at (417) 865-2811, ext. 7212.