SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Evangel University Department of Humanities has announced its 2016 graduation awards.
The awards were given during the baccalaureate service on Thursday, May 5, in the Robert H. Spence Chapel auditorium.
The following awards were presented:
- Outstanding Graduate in Studio Art — Danielle Huver from Belleville, Ill.
- Outstanding Graduate in Art Education — Katelyn Hammons from Pittsfield, Ill.
- Outstanding Graduate in English Education — Nicole Bowman from Cottleville, Mo.
- Outstanding Graduates in English
~ Athena Lester from Bee Branch, Ariz.
~ Kameron Nettleton from Bartlesville, Okla.
~ Ally Walsh from Burke, Va.
- Outstanding Graduates in Spanish — Joel Manzi from Mason, Ohio
- Outstanding Graduate in Theatre — Katelyn Stanford from Iota, La.
- Missouri Association of Teachers of English Robert J. Greef Award — Nicole Bowman from Cottleville, Mo.
Evangel University and its seminary saw a total of 625 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees conferred this spring in two graduation ceremonies.
The 58th annual Commencement ceremony for Evangel was held on Friday, May 6, at the James River Church. More than 4,000 family and friends celebrated 569 graduates earning 424 bachelor’s, 108 master’s and 37 associate’s degrees, 31 of which are from EU’s James River Leadership Campus.
In addition, the 43rd annual Commencement for the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary was held on Saturday, May 7, in the Spence Chapel. There were 55 degrees conferred, of which 37 are master’s and 18 are doctoral degrees.