Nick Reasor (’11): Walmart Sourcing Project Manager for Bananas and Pineapples

October 24, 2014

The next time you buy a few bananas or a pineapple from your local Walmart, you can proudly say you know one of the men responsible for getting them from the farms to the shelves. He is a 2011 Evangel alumnus, and his name is Nick Reasor.

Based in Walmart’s Global Food Sourcing Office in Costa Rica, Reasor’s job takes him to locations throughout Central and South America as he meets with farmers and suppliers to check out and purchase their products. It’s an especially important job, too —bananas are a top-selling item at Walmart.

Reasor originally grew up in Nixa, Missouri. It was his experience with the Evangel University faculty and the university environment during a campus visit that showed him Evangel was the place he wanted to go to college.

“I met with several coaches and professors on my visit, and I knew from my speaking with them that they were genuinely interested and willing to help me pursue my career aspirations,” Reasor says. “I also really got a feel for the campus atmosphere and knew that it was a place where I could develop both intellectually and spiritually without having to sacrifice one for the other.”

Reasor´s job takes him from his office in Costa Rica to locations throughout Central and South America as he examines and purchase bananas and pineapples for Walmart Stores, Inc.

Reasor immersed himself in university involvement during his four years at Evangel, competing in cross-country and track, as well as serving on student government, Phi Beta Lambda, Enactus and the student recruitment team.

“Being involved in several activities outside of the classroom really taught me how to prioritize my work and be accountable for results as an individual and as a member of a team,” Reasor says.

Reasor graduated in 2011 with majors in Management and Marketing and minors in Spanish and Leadership. Following graduation, he entered an awaiting job at the Walmart Home Office in Bentonville, Arkansas, where he worked for a year and a half before moving to his current office in Costa Rica.

Reasor says that while many secular schools offer business degrees, Evangel has what he calls the “secret sauce”—incorporating faith into the classroom. It is this integration of faith and calling that he says continues to guide his work today.

“I graduated from Evangel with a high-quality business education, but most importantly, I graduated with the confidence to use my education and my faith to be a leader in the business world,” Reasor says.

“I don’t need to parade around my office and tell everyone that I’m a Christian, but my actions — how I interact with my team, how I treat suppliers, how I approach difficult situations — should be a representation of what I believe. And I’m not afraid to answer questions about my faith if anyone asks.”

Reasor’s advice for future and present college students is to take steps to becoming the kind of leaders the world needs: ones who will take initiative to influence the future of the world.

“Evangel has all of the resources you need to be able to face the future with confidence,” he says. “But you have to own it and you have to embrace it and believe that God has set you apart to be the standard for tomorrow.”

VISION: Fresh Air for the Windy City

Asante

VISION: Changed Up with Jon and Jennifer Barratt

2016 spring vision (14)-12

VISION: Toni Robinson’s Stage Presents

VISION: Janine Maxwell’s Hope for Africa

Janine Maxwell cover

VISION: No Pain – Our Gain

Dr Josh Little-cover