Become a certified foreign language teacher with the ability to teach grades K-12 via our comprehensive French Education language degree program.
Generate a passion for the French language in future students with this rigorous program that combines real-world teaching experience with practical coursework.
You will be equipped with knowledge and skill in
- Survey of French Literature
- Conversational French
- Introduction to Instructional Planning
- Effective Engagement of the Learner
Implement a faith-based approach to learning and develop a greater understanding of French culture and history to give you context in the classroom.
With a major in French Education, you’ll gain a broad understanding of the intricacies of the French language to be ready for certification in foreign language at the K-12 level.
Evangel’s academic programs are designed specifically to prepare you for a career in the real world. But it’s more than just job preparation; it’s preparing you to make a full impact in your profession through the unique combination of faith and learning. Here are some of the professions this degree would prepare you for:
- French teacher in public or private high school
- French teacher overseas in “international school” or “prep school”
- Educational consultant
- In-service teacher/trainer for an international corporation
- Tutoring contractor for homeschooling families or organizations
- Textbook writer/consultant
- Translator and interpreter
- Editor or proofreader
- Foreign-travel aide
- Customer-service representative in the hospitality industry overseas
- English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher for Francophone populations (especially if a TESOL minor is obtained)